Help Needed! Peacock Gudgeons Parasite Or Fungus?

Digerri

Reaction score
Hi there. Hope someone can help me figure out what to do about my 4 Peacock Gudgeons.
Yesterday morning I noticed what looks like tiny white worms all over them. I don't think its ich. I asked someone and he thought it was a fungus so I treated with Pimafix after 25% waterchange and 2 degree increase in temp. 
Not any better today. 
I have them in with 5 babyguppies, 3 harlequin rasboras, a tiny yoyo-loach, a small bushy nose pleco and 3 amano shrimp.
Nobody else is showing symptoms. 
I did clean my substrate three days ago after not doing it for a long time. Don't know if that caused it or not. They do live on the bottom in little caves.
I Love these little guys and don't want to loose them.   

Attachments

• peacockgudgeon3.jpg
    peacockgudgeon3.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 57
  • peacockgudgeon22.jpg
    peacockgudgeon22.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 41
  • peacockgudgeon1.jpg
    peacockgudgeon1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 45
sawickib said:
It looks like ich to me, i had something like this happen to me with 2 syno decorus. It can arise from just stress ive been told and that ich can lie dormant until conditions are right to infect the host. I ended up having to put my fish down unfortunately i was a little to late to save them, heres my old thread.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/432482-synodontis-decorus-problems/?hl=%2Bsynodontis+%2Bdecorus

The situation that is going on with these gudgeons looks nothing like ICH.  ICH is slightly raised white spots that look like grains of salt or sugar.  This looks like a very severe case of flukes or possibly anchor worms (although they appear a bit small to be those) to me since they are noticeably worm like parasites and not "spots" like with ICH. 

Wildbetta said:

It looks like ich to me, i had something like this happen to me with 2 syno decorus. It can arise from just stress ive been told and that ich can lie dormant until conditions are right to infect the host. I ended up having to put my fish down unfortunately i was a little to late to save them, heres my old thread.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/432482-synodontis-decorus-problems/?hl=%2Bsynodontis+%2Bdecorus

The situation that is going on with these gudgeons looks nothing like ICH.  ICH is slightly raised white spots that look like grains of salt or sugar.  This looks like a very severe case of flukes or possibly anchor worms (although they appear a bit small to be those) to me since they are noticeably worm like parasites and not "spots" like with ICH. 

Actually when i zoomed in on the pic i see what your saying they do seem like anchor worms to me as well, with how they are raised out of the skin like that.

Most reactions

Back