Help, My Freind Has A Very Big Problem

... You can just ask if you don't know how to upload a picture, we are only trying to help you but you don't seem to want to take any of our advice. How are we to tell you specifically what's going on with the fish.. Without any pictures? Upload them to imgur.com, then copy and paste the BB code to your post.

Chemicals that lower pH are unnecessary. Mollies can adapt to different pH levels, not just 7.2. In fact, it's much better if they are kept at a CONSISTENT pH level, not doing any unnecessary adjustments. If the pH was so high, like 10, then some adjustments would be necessary. But at this point, the most important thing is keeping ammonia and nitrite down. Sure, if your friend wants to go against this advice, feel free to, but keep in mind that were not trying to kill the fish here, we're trying to help them.

By the time the fish show symptoms... It has already damaged their gills and have shortened their lifespan. Yes, water changes will alleviate the fish's visible illness, but they will not be the same as before and will most likely die sooner than they would have.

And please be a little nicer with your responses.. You can have your own opinion but we are only trying to help since you asked.well im animals970s friend whith the sick fish and i whant all the help i can get i whant advice :good: give me all you got.

Im the same michelle2001 i dont know how to upload pictures so what you can do now is to provide great detail :good:

hello i am animals970s friend whith the sick fish please dont worry adout his responses worry about my fish i whant your advice please help :good:

OK sorry, but we don't know how to post pictures YET, ill try to figure out. And you are right we need to worry about fish not argue, I'm sorry. And what I meant about "trying water changes" she is trying the 90% water change.

Im the same michelle2001 i dont know how to upload pictures so what you can do now is to provide great detail :good:
your not me im michelle2001 your not the same as me if you was that would be like having a twin which i dont have. :/ :no: :unsure: :crazy: o hit ya :X

This may help. This is the only way I know how so hopefully it works for you. If you create a photobucket account upload your picture there. Then go to your album and click on the picture. To the right of the picture you will see four options:

Html....picture....link and somethin g else. Click once on the text in the box that is under 'picture code' option. Go back to this thread and right click and paste. Then post. It will post the actual photo.

You won't see the photo when you paste it but when you post it it will show

I don't know about you guys, but seems kinda like trolling to me :/

If it's not I apologize and let me offer this bit of advice and a few questions:
NitrIte levels above .10 are very toxic and I'm actually surprised your fish are still alive tbh. Are you using a liquid test kit, or strips? Test strips are very inaccurate. How often did you previously do water changes and how much water? Also how are you doing the change?

I know her really well, and I know she uses liquid test. The test strips are very inaccurate I know. And I talked to her today and she said no more deaths. Which is a relief. I think it is sad that people would actually make things for your pets and it dosen't work, on a lot of pet store websites people have made quite a few complaints about the test strips. And they probally just keep making them to make more money. For all you readers out there, always get the API liqiud tests.

Also, would it help if she vacuumed her gravel. :huh:

Also, would it help if she vacuumed her gravel. :huh:

are you saying the gravel has never been vaccumed :unsure: ? the gunk that gravel can accumulate is astounding and can lead to water problems, so definatley, yes, it would be benificial to clean the gravel :good:

:crazy: id be doing WCs rather than posting on here if my water params looked like that... :good:

What is the 'normal' maintenance schedule done on this tank?

It would help to understand why the tank has got into this state as well as correcting it.

I know her really well, but I don't know their routine. I know they're trying to figure out how to use the gravel vacuum.

Most reactions

Back