Help, My albino Bristlenose pleco keeps staying near the filter!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Willbacon23

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello, my name is will and I am from England. I currently have. A 20 gallon tank with 6 Glowlight danio 1 albino Bristlenose pleco and 5 Pygmy Corys. My water parameters are a neutral ph 0 nitrates but around 1 ppm nitrite. All my fish apart from the Bristlenose are not coming to the surface ever apart from him who stays near the top by the bubbles of my spray bar . Any advice , I really need it . Planning on doing large water changes and buying an air stone , just rly want my little fella to make it

Do a 75% percent water change to get those nitrites down. Did you cycle your tank?

Hello, thanks so much for taking the time to respond . I cycled my tank for around 2 weeks whilst adding live bacteria dechlorinators and other products. Though now I would’ve liked to have cycled my tank for longer, it was initially due to the misinformation of my local pet store. I have since done a 70% water change this morning as well as providing more driftwood l and my pleco is back to himself ! I increased surface agitation with a spray bar which I feel also has helped. I couldn’t be happier and I have 0 ppm ammonia with nitrites also falling. I am very happy thanks for your help!

Most reactions

Back