Help Me Sex My 2 Bolivian Rams

BLUFOX

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi there could you help me sex my 2 new bolivian rams
ive tried but not sure

http://youtu.be/T0ZOjXNm-OA

i suspect the one with the darker dorsal fin is the male as he has more colour to him.... also, you might want to take the strip thermometer off the tank as they measure the room temp more than the water temp... than then move the alcohol thermometer into the top right corner.....

also, what filter are you using, tank size, temperature and heater....

did you cycle the tank (scratch that... i can see you did)

i dont go by the strip thermometer anyway.it was on the tank when i got it and havent taken it off.

it has a fluval 3 plus filter soon to be upgraded to external and yes i have cycled it with pure ammonia for 4 weeks.and yes i do have a test kit.api liquid.thanks for the concern but i know what im doing.been keeping fish for 6 yrs.tank size is 125litres a fluval roma 125. temp 25

ok just checking :) i have a 3 plus too.....

i've been keeping fish since i was 5... thats 9 years now :)

im taking the strip thermometer off now as we speak.its leaving a horrible sticky film on the glass tho.will give it a good scrub off.
what do you think off the filter??

you can always use a stanley blade and run it down the glass to get the film off, or some white spirit, meths (one of the two.....)

the filter?... its decent... 700L/H, i keep it in a 60 litre tank turned all the way down... the size of the actual filter inside it is HUGE, one of the main reasons why i am keeping it.....

i still have the original foams, and they are in, and so is a lot of other foam, ceramic rings/noodles and plastic balls..... it's one of the most versatile filters i've ever used... apart from my jetflo 100

i always thought bolivians were shy?? my 2 come right up to the glass and swim right in front of you.they both have only been in there 2 days.they only hide when my hands in the tank.im feeding them on bloodworm in the morning and soaked pellets in the evening.stats are all good and my nitrate is a 10ppm.will be getting another fish in 2 weeks time.gonna change the gravel to black soon too.

Most reactions

Back