Help Me Find Nemo! :d

Ill try and count mine if they stop moving :lol:

Ocellaris also have black borders on the white bars.

Percs black border is usually thicker.

The best way to tell the difference is the number of spines on the dorsal fin -

Ocellaris have 11 and rarely 10
Percula have 10 and rarely 9

Think I got that the right way round!

I was aware of that but I've never been able to count them on mine! It's like they know what i'm trying to do!! :) so they go nuts wiggling and hiding!! :lol:

You are right on the Borders but it is quite noticeable! I'd say that's the best way. Google both types weez and look at the borders of their stripes.

No probs weez! I'll tell you all about sharks and the rouge shark that jaws was based on. Theres been rouge sharks throughout history! Take Egypt as a prime example. >:)

I give up its to hard its like 1...2...3 and they move :angry:

Mine has a broken fin aswell (he's called Nemo for obv reasons!)

The difference's between perc and occ are so small that you are unlikely to notice the difference weez. Just choose a pair that appeals to you and don't get hung up on there genus. Did a shark feed dive in austrailia (not one of the girly cage ones.) and i have to say it was an adrenalin buzz like nothing else.

Have a read of this

http://saltaquarium.about.com/od/anemoneclownfishprofiles/ss/sbstruevsfalseperc.htm

Ocellaris also have black borders on the white bars.

Percs black border is usually thicker.

The best way to tell the difference is the number of spines on the dorsal fin -

Ocellaris have 11 and rarely 10
Percula have 10 and rarely 9

Think I got that the right way round!

I was aware of that but I've never been able to count them on mine! It's like they know what i'm trying to do!! :) so they go nuts wiggling and hiding!! :lol:

You are right on the Borders but it is quite noticeable! I'd say that's the best way. Google both types weez and look at the borders of their stripes.

No probs weez! I'll tell you all about sharks and the rouge shark that jaws was based on. Theres been rouge sharks throughout history! Take Egypt as a prime example. >:)
lewis, i am assuming you mean rogue shark :lol:, i believe rouge is a kind of make up and imagine weez could confirm this and give you all kinds of information on how it is applied :lol:

Cant believe people have actually tried counting the spines on the clowns while there swimming round :lol: take a side on pic and count them :X

Haha you seem to know more than me on make up dayz :p

I didnt know there was such a debate on clown fish :S what did I start!

I will get which ever they have in the shop haha :D

lewis, i am assuming you mean rogue shark :lol:, i believe rouge is a kind of make up and imagine weez could confirm this and give you all kinds of information on how it is applied :lol:

Haha!!! My phone does stupid spell check changes - sorry!! I added Cafe Rouge to my dictionary and it does it every time!! Lol :lol:

Yes I meant rogue!

Cant believe people have actually tried counting the spines on the clowns while there swimming round :lol: take a side on pic and count them :X

Now I feel really really stupid!!! :D

Most reactions

Back