Help Me Find A New Fish Friend!

chelsiethegreat

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
right now i have 4 emerald cory cats, and two juli cory cats. ideally i would like to acquire two more julis.. i'm just waiting on my local fish store at this point..

i have a 15 gallon tank.. all natural with a couple plants and a few nice peices of driftwood...

i would kindof like to get a larger loner fish.. who doesnt really bother my corys and just likes to be the king/queen of the tank.. 

most of my research points me to angels.. 

.. any other suggestions? please?

anything with 'fighter' in it, doesn't sound good for my corys... lol

wait a minute.. are you talking beta??  ..i was thinking about that..

but then i was unsure...

Sorry yes I'm talking about a Betta

Of course it's possible to get a temperamental one but generally they will live happily with cories as they will stay down out of the Bettas way

If you were thinking angels (and bettas), what about sparkling gourami? Any other gourami may be too big for your tank (honey's/dwarf?).

i thought about those too.. i know they are fine with being alone.. but the tank size i would agree might be the problem. and that they might be a little territorial with my cories.. ?? ?

I can tell you that even my aggressive Opalines are just fine with pretty much anything that isn't another gourami.
good.gif

I'd go with a dwarf gourami, one of the most peaceful gouramis, and they don't get too big either. Great looking too.

DGs can be a bit, er, bossy. Mine is currently informing my nrw Agassiziis whose tank they are living in.

In a 15g I'd have a Fighter. Generally,they only fight each other.

I had a dwarf gourami and he was a beautiful fish. Certainly didn't bother any of my cories, nor did the honey gouramis that I replaced him with after he died.

In fairness, my DG has thus far totally ignored my cories, I have a group of pandas, and an obstinate Habrosus.

thanks for all the advice guys! i think at this point im leading more twords a dwarf gourami. should i get a male? or does it matter?
]

I'm a bit partial against DG due to disease which has lead to a ton of preemptive deaths. If you're only getting one, a male might show a bit more color.

Most reactions

Back