Help Me Decide What Fish To Get Please

Loops

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a 35L tank currently cycling, well almost there i think :crazy: staying patient though :good:

I am thinking of getting some pygmy cory, some otto's and a male betta, introducing the betta last.

Can i keep pygmy and otto's together? if so how many?

Or any other suggestions., i would like to have some kind of algae eater to help keep the tank clean :)

Thanks in advance x

im no expert on bettas so i dunno about keeping them with the other catfishes..

you an keep both pygmys and otto's together, go for 3 ottos and 4 pygmys

I agree with ad, provided filtration and maintenaince is good, I'd go for 3 Otos, 4 Corys and 1 Betta

Also otos are algae eaters, although in a balanced tank algae should be a problem,

I find otos are easy to keep but my tanks always have a layer of algae that I don't try to clean manually. If you do not have algae growing in the tank, it can be a real pain trying to feed otocinclus. A betta with any of the pygmy cories will work fine. I personally like the look of the habrosus best of the three types but any will work in that tank.

to add to this i have otto's and make sure i only clean the front pain of glass that way they still have lots to eat

Totally agree, i made the mistake of giving my tank a REALLY GOOD CLEAN, big mistake, no food for my BN apart from what i fed, always leave one side if your tank uncleaned.

IMO a female betta would be better, i think they are prettier, but thats my opinion.

Mark.

My tank has plenty of algae at the moment, its almost finished cycling so looks awful :(

Thanks for yor help guys! x

What are the names of the small cory's please?

Pygmy, habrosus and ?

Aw thank you :)

I really really like the habrosus but i have only ever seen pygmy at my LFS's :(

Hi again

I have changed my mind on a betta, so how many and what shoaling fish?(would ideally like very small one's) along with Oto's and Pygmy's?

Thanks x

Most reactions

Back