Help, Lr Problem

willow75

Reaction score
hi can anybody help i bought some live rock on wednesday from a guy selling up, it is covered much more then the stuff from my lfs which was quite dull, i think i got a really good deal too at 25 quid for 5 kgs, the trouble is one piece had a number of broccoli looking things on it that where stood up when i put it in but now are badly drooped and starting to go brown, is it because i dont have a blue actinc light just a standard right now, if anybody could let me know what i can do to save these i would appriciate that, also if they are too gone then will i endanger my cycle currently at 2 weeks , by leaving them there, my ammonia is 0, nitrates and nitrite both lowest on colour scale, ph 8.2 salinity 1.023, there is loads of things crawling around and i also have what he told me was oyster ive searched the net for info ont his but cant get any, it hasnt opened altall how do i tell if its alive, can you confirm the postition of the hole in the bottom, thanks in advance, denise

i have been trying to post a pic of them but have had no success!! the box i used before is missing

As for posting a pic, try signing up for a free photobucket.com account. Upload the picture there and then copy the line that starts with IMG underneath that picture into your post as you're typing it. WE'll need a pic, cause "broccoli looking thing" isnt the best description in the saltwater world ;). Theres lots of things that could look like brocolli...

"broccoli looking thing" isnt the best description in the saltwater world :lol:

Agreed.

As long as it just looks weepy or shocked, you may be OK. Even if your lighting is marginal, it may have a chance after getting used to it. Any change in an environment is usually cause for "looking like crud" for a day or two.

That said, if it starts to look slimy, or obviously dead, it would be best to remove the piece of rock and clean the dearly departed off of it. This will help prevent any swings in the parameters of a young tank.

GL

Most reactions

Back