Help i have little worms and snails crawling on

I would go onto his sight cuz hw lists a bunch of micro organisms that might be in the tank, and look at his different pictures till you find 1 that matches. Planataria don't hurt fish, and there's a lot of different subspecies of that 1 species. So it may not look exactly like a planataria but still be a planataria.

:thumbs: All this time I was calling them planataria and their planaria

are you breeding if so then the planarians (free-living flatworms) will consume the eggs and fry use a copper based teratment and reduce the amount of food given for a period of 4 days "DO NOT MAKE LARGE WATER CHANGES WITH RAW TAPWATER"(as this will suppress the natural nitrification processes carried out by your bacteriayou can however use treated water or aereated (overnight)water

Was it the planaria? Have you figured out what those other organisms are?

Can you give us any sort of picture or drawing? Otherwise to identify the organism I would need to know it's size, specific coloration, habits would be helpfull, Number and location of apendages, location of mouth, etc. Probably just easier for you to make a quick sketch.

Just draw something up in microsoft paint. :crazy: Most of the time even a child's drawing is sufficient.

planaria.JPG

Attachments

• planaria.JPG
    planaria.JPG
    2.9 KB · Views: 66
these things are generally harmless and appear[ in mass ]as a result of over feeding . Cut back on feeding , you may want to skip a couple of days . Do partial water changes with a syphon[ vacume ] if you have one . Push into the substrate , you think there are alot on the glass and out moving around wait till you see want comes out of the substrate .

the white planarian worm things are normally due to excessive levels of organic waste in the substrate. do you have gravel or sand?. if you have gravel it is my opinion that you should be able to put your hand in the gravel and shake it vigourously without kicking up lots of waste.

Ummm... Vaccuum it up. Crap shouldn't come out of your gravel when you shake it.

Most reactions

Back