Help i have little worms and snails crawling on

How are the little worms moving? Do they look like a stick with the tentacles on the top? How big are they? How old is the tank and what are the parameters? They may just be planaria which will not bother the fish. If you answer the questions i will do my best to give a quick reply. :)

Sorry I can't help in any way. Did they all of a sudden show up? Do you have snails in your tank. If you see tiney black things, it might be baby snails. I know snails breed like crazy though. Clown Loaches will eat snails. Hope you can figure out what it is. Good luck!
~Kim~

well they are about 1cm long and wiggle around like mad they just turned up but there a literaly 1000`s of them dead or sleepin on the glass above water level? the snails are about 3mm long and have a tiny little shell but huge antennae. and the unidentified wiggling thing has 5 black tentacles and is wighling over the tank glass.
im just worried that the might harm the fry in my breeding trap.

p.s i cannot have ay more fish e.g clown loach but i have a yo-yo loach will they eat snails?

they look more like the first one but are tottaly white and when i poked one it kinda came out of a bigger outer shell thingy and started to wiggle arouns.

p.s the sack thngy is a browny green color!

I beleive yo-yo loaches will eat snails. Hope you can figure out what they are. Good luck!
Do they look like this or this
the first one looked like an organism. Not to sure. Sorry I am unable to help. tstenback knows what he is talking about. Good luck!
~Kim~

If that is it then it is a planaria and most of them are totally harmless to your fish. If you have lots of snails then the jelly stuff may be snail eggs but i have never seen eggs with tentacles :huh: . unless they are just forming and this is how they look when they are young :dunno: good luck :)

Most reactions

Back