help here need

NinjaSmurf said:
If you want, open a word document, type your question there, use spell check and whatever...
I think hiring a personal editor would be a better option for this one :p

I can understand how people wouldn't want to bother replyling to a post they didn't understand but that does not justify being sarcastic to the person whether english is a first or second language. geeze guys.

lungfish said:
Im not being sarcastic but is english a second language to you? by mwm
I wasnt trying to be mean sorry if i offended you. We have alot of international posters on the board it was just a question

EDIT: Reading other posts I was just curoius if english wasnt his first language! Its not that uncommon for someone from a diffrent part of the world to post on here i was wondering if he ran it thought one of those www.freetranslations.com.. :blink:

Hey, I've seen much worse posts than that, and I've seen them handled much better, though I've also seen them handled worse. Friendliest fish forum around, chya...... :S He was just asking a question, he wasn't asking to be bashed. It could be the natural sunlight, or an algal bloom, or just cloudy water from over feeding. I would just see if it gets better, and if it dosn't, get a diatom filter. :)

EDIT: That wasn't aimed towards mwm, he at least asked tastefully and kindly, but some of you haven't...

diatom filters are an expensive alternative, water changes should help, although my diatom works wonders!

They aren't too bad now, I saw one for $40 the other day, and they do work wonders. Forgot to mention water changes, also a great alternative.

Look, it isn't a chat room, we don't use chat speak here, and I'm sorry but this isn't like an email between two friends where it doesn't matter what your typing looks like. And since english is their first language, I should think a person should take a few minutes to put some effort into making their post readable for the rest of us. Common courtesy, simple as that. I'm not being mean, but I'm not going to play cipher just because someone doesn't feel like using spell check or writing in a sentence that actually makes sense.

I'm not bashing, and if Lungfish has problems with writing then okay, I'll be the first to have them pm me and I'll help them. I've just seen a lot of this around here and it's getting annoying. Lungfish, if you do have writing problems, PM me and I'll rewrite your posts.

I do agree that there's too much of it, but one or two comments about this matter to one individual are enough, those have been made long ago. I'm sure he's trying to make his posts more readable, and after those comments have been made, why couldn't we just answer his question?

Most reactions

Back