Help, Fish Giving Birth... Continued - Guppies & Platies

Hi again, thanks alot for those links, they are added to the watch list :hyper:.

Again, i'm being a pest... But with the Liquifry being a liquid how do we feed them that without it going into the tank and what not lol... Also is that follow on food also for the live bearers or does it not matter when they move on to that?
We have already got a small hatchery at the moment for the fry but I am unsure what you mean about the Shrimp stuff??? (New to all this) I just thought you were trying to tell me I needed my penis enlarging and that was the link to the enlarger HAHA!!

Thanks again for that info, :good: no doubt i'll be PMing you in the future for more hints and tips :good:

Not a good image (as the camera focused on the ship instead of the fish :( ) but this is the one thats now in my main tank (along with a couple of females to keep him company)

Oh thats lovely... We have some really nice Guppies like, we will get pictures up tomorrow if we can :hey: It's just getting the pictures with the ***** things moving all the time!

Please watch your language! This is a family oriented forum.

Again, i'm being a pest...
Not at all.

But with the Liquifry being a liquid how do we feed them that without it going into the tank and what not lol...
Not sure with you using the hatchery, I assume the fry will get some before it leaks into the tank.

Also is that follow on food also for the live bearers or does it not matter when they move on to that?
Its suitable for both Livebearers and egg layers.

I am unsure what you mean about the Shrimp stuff??? (New to all this)
Wouldn't worry about this. You would be hatching baby Brine Shrimp which you can feed to the fry. Very nutrition and as its alive it teaches the fry to hunt but a lot of messing about. It was just something I tried years ago when I was bored :)

I just thought you were trying to tell me I needed my penis enlarging and that was the link to the enlarger HAHA!!
Your lucky, As I said, I used a Milk Bottle :)

Oh thats lovely... We have some really nice Guppies like, we will get pictures up tomorrow if we can :hey: It's just getting the pictures with the ***** things moving all the time!
I know what you mean. I took about a dozen pics and only kept that one as it was the best of a bad bunch.

wel done for getting to 7!
i am sure you will probably have more of them too by the sounds of it! Congtrats :D

Hey, thanks for the replies, been very busy tonight but had the missus watching the tank again but she hasn't seen anything as of yet, I think that is the lot now but who knows, they could be hiding.

The 7 are doing really really well so far and we now have them in a proper see-trhough plastic hatchery which seems much better than the net as we can see them more clearly.

I would like to thank you all on the tips, help and advice which has been given. It was highly appreciated!

If we get anymore we will be sure to let you's know, Thanks
Anthony & Amy

Hi again...

Another update, we have just found another two, they appear to be the same size as the other babies so obviously survived, that now totals 9!

Another Guppy could also be going to pop soon so no doubt we will have more in no time, thankfully we are going to buy a 17 ltr tank tomorrow just as a nursery.. That should be ok as one shouldnt it?

Make that 10 now, Amy found another one whilst I was at work today, wonder if we find any more :hyper:.

Hopefully getting the 17ltr tonight and will get it set up right away so that when the babies are slightly bigger we can pop them in there. Thats if it goes to plan when it comes to looking at tanks.

Got up this morning, saying that it was only 20 minutes ago :shout: and we found anther baby kicking about.

We then decided to remove the ornaments and what and sure enough we have found another 11!!!
We think these could be new born as they are a tiny bit smaller but cant see if any other mammy fishies are smaller though so totaly not sure!

:hyper:

Got up this morning, saying that it was only 20 minutes ago :shout: and we found anther baby kicking about.

We then decided to remove the ornaments and what and sure enough we have found another 11!!!
We think these could be new born as they are a tiny bit smaller but cant see if any other mammy fishies are smaller though so totaly not sure!

:hyper:

WOWEE well done so you have around 21 now? :D

Ive been breeding guppies / platties for a while now and I find that crushing up fish flakes is all they need. Very fine particles of flakes.

60+ Guppy fry and counting :)

Ive been breeding guppies / platties for a while now and I find that crushing up fish flakes is all they need. Very fine particles of flakes.

60+ Guppy fry and counting :)
That is all we have been doing and they are doing well like, we only have 22 but we have let nature do it's course instead of us putting the adults in breeding pen so they don't get stressed out.

Well we got up this morning and as i was feeding the fish i seen another baby lol. It was hiding underneath one of the ornaments we have in there.

we now have a total of 23 :hyper: lol.

Well we got up this morning and as i was feeding the fish i seen another baby lol. It was hiding underneath one of the ornaments we have in there.

we now have a total of 23 :hyper: lol.

haha i found that once my guppies and platies really started breeding it was never ending!
Ever few hours more seemed to appear from thin water (LOL) I am thinking you will soon have the same :) x x x

Hmm...

Last night me and the missus were up late and then she spotted a tiny baby on the gravel, well cutting a long story short, the new born was actually brand new and a guppy was giving birth, we managed to get 5 but we don't know if she had more and then she stopped. These babies are much longer and skinnier than the others so we are assuming the other 23 babies are actually Platies as we first thought. We had to go to bed eventually as it was far to late to sit and keep an eye on her so we let nature do it's course and we saved the first 5 and when we just got up we've been looking for more but can't see any as of yet but will keep you all informed!

You can easily see the difference between the Guppies and Platies babies now though as the Platies are short and stumpy but the guppies are long and skinny.

Thanks to you all for all the information and what not!

Most reactions

Back