Help Emergency

Mustang Boy

Reaction score
one of my cichlids last night was severely attacked most of his fins are torn apart and his sides are beat up really bad but he is still alive barely and i need to know what i can do to help him get better at the moment i have separated him into a bucket with an air stone be he isnt looking good i need to know what i can do asap

What cichlid is it? Who/what attacked it? If you have him in a bucket, he will also need a filter.

one of my cichlids last night was severely attacked most of his fins are torn apart and his sides are beat up really bad but he is still alive barely and i need to know what i can do to help him get better at the moment i have separated him into a bucket with an air stone be he isnt looking good i need to know what i can do asap

a bit more info would help

and phtos wud be good

the one that got attacked is a yellow lab the attacker is a zebra OB (from what im told he is a male) they are about 2-3in

he just sits there on his side he is still breathing and moving his side fins every now and then

and i have just got back from the LFS where i picked up some melafix and stress coat as well as an isolation box so he is in that now in my little 10gal(all tetra in this tank) along with the medication and the lights are off on that tank and the hood is covering it so it as darker

the one that got attacked is a yellow lab the attacker is a zebra OB (from what im told he is a male) they are about 2-3in

he just sits there on his side he is still breathing and moving his side fins every now and then

and i have just got back from the LFS where i picked up some melafix and stress coat as well as an isolation box so he is in that now in my little 10gal(all tetra in this tank) along with the medication and the lights are off on that tank and the hood is covering it so it as darker

good work :good: but if the fish is still looking bad after a while nd the damage is 2 gr8......den u kno wat to do

yea i know what i may have to do but i dont know if i have it in me to do it

im gonna give it a couple of weeks and if he is looking better im just gonna keep treating but it he starts looking worse or doesnt improve what is the best way to do it(by best i mean most humane)

and i just realised i posted this in the wrong section so if a mod wants to move it i have no objections

Well i just went to go check on him and he was no longer breathing or moving i guess he was just too messed up to survive the whole ordeal

Most reactions

Back