HELP danio!!!

It's a bacterial infection, just get a broad spectrum medication that kills bacteria.

It's a bacterial infection, just get a broad spectrum medication that kills bacteria.
I am thinking that could be it but we should know the water params first right?

Could u tell me a medication in the uk?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 42
We can't get antibiotics in the UK. The best meds we have are eSHa 2000 (ethylacridine) and Myxazin by Waterlife (acriflavine)

I'm not sure which of the two would be best for these fish. Colin might be able to recommend one of them over the other.

@Ami_bby , the test results pictured in post #34 show very soft water with acidic pH which is suitable for a lot of soft water fish. It isn't suitable for livebearers, rainbowfish and some cichlids. The water parameters would also include the temperature. From memory about 72° suits danios.

The test results show water conditions of little or no nitrite and nitrate which is good. The other important water condition is ammonia as this is poisonous to the fish and should be zero.

Regarding medication, API General cure may be available online but unfortunately it probably wouldn't be delivered in time to help.

I have used Waterlife Myxazin but not the Esha 2000 so can't comment on that.
Myxazin was pretty weak in my opinion but try either.

API General Cure (contains Praziquantel and Metronidazole) probably won't do anything to help. The Praziquantel is used to treat tapeworm. The Metronidazole treats internal protozoan infections in fish.

Most reactions

Back