Help! Cloudy Water With No Fish?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thank you for the re-assurance guys.
Apologies for the initial panic, but didnt know what I had done!!
As always, your advice is very much appreciated.

So I'm assuming Bacterial Bloom is a good thing since at least something is happening!!!

It's something we expect and frequently see in new tanks of all sorts. It's neither bad nor good in new tanks although in old established tanks it can be a warning sign of some problems. In your situation it's just fine and will go away on its own. Sometimes the heterotrophic bacteria discover that they can eat the organics that come off the aquarium seam glue and they go crazy for it for a few days, then they all die off,, what a life! :lol:

Not completely clear yet, but seems to be clearer today then it was yesterday ;)

good.gif
bacteria is 1 strange lil thing lol

good.gif
bacteria is 1 strange lil thing lol
Yeah, it's weird, isn't it, that there are just billions of them all over the place and many are quite universal throughout the world (we help fishless cyclers in Australia, same as in the USA and EU and all over.) They play such big roles in all sorts of crucial environmental cycles and yet we big humans hardly ever notice them until something goes wrong and we get infected by them or something. I've read a bit in some bacteriology texts and they are really fascinating stuff.

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

Back