Help choosing a skimmer

mike1020

Reaction score
Hi i am relatively new to keeping fish. I've got a 240 litre Marine tank with the standard Juwel filter and a Fluval 400 filter but no skimmer yet :crazy: I have 7 fish in the aquarium. 2 triggerfish, 2 clowns and 3 damsels so I am now looking for the right skimmer. The tank is against a wall so I can't put anything at the back and I don't want a skimmer sticking out of the top of the tank. I would preferably want the skimmer underneath the tank in the cabinet but there is space at the side for a tall skimmer. The cabinet could fit a skimmer in it which is about 60-70cm tall. I don't want a sump tank because that's just more expense and hassle. I just want a simple to install skimmer that does the job and is well concealed underneath the tank. So if anyone could recommend which skimmer will do the job i would greatly appreciate it! Also, i've heard Venturi based skimmers are meant to be the most economical as they require little maintenance. My budget is about £180(~US$280)

Thanks

Mike Bennett

Manchester, UK

Oops ive posted in the Tropical Fish forum instead of the Marine! Still if anyone can help I would appreciate it but i'm now going to post on the Marine forum!

firstly :hi: to this forum and your quite right you should post on the marine section ;) (i got hardly any idea about it) but yes have fun!!

Hi Mike1020 and welcome to the forum :hi:

I wish I could help answer your question, :dunno: but I'm sure someone in the marine section of this forum will be able to help you. :nod:

Welcoem to the fishy forumsy! :) :D

Most reactions

Back