help and opinion needed

Does he have sight in one eye? If he has sight in one eye at least, and if the pond owner is willing to monitor him and potentially target feed him if he's struggling to compete with the others, he might be able to make it in a pond.

You did a good thing by rescuing him, you're a kind person! Poor thing was so battered looking, I'm amazed he survived as long as he did, even with as hardy as tilapia are!
By the way it swim i think he's completely blind or at least have a very bad eyesight.
The thing is, with so many fish in the pond, I think it's almost impossible to target feed him. But there's smaller pond with less fish and some lobster, I think he have a chance there, we'll see when he recovered.

By the way it swim i think he's completely blind or at least have a very bad eyesight.
The thing is, with so many fish in the pond, I think it's almost impossible to target feed him. But there's smaller pond with less fish and some lobster, I think he have a chance there, we'll see when he recovered.
Ah, makes sense then. He might even be okay in a tank that's smaller than you would normally provide for a fish his size, given his sight and potentially lack of other options. A less than ideal tank size, if given plenty of water changes, would still be a huge step up in conditions for him.

But, whatever happens, he at least has a chance now with you, and he has a long road ahead for recovery before you need to worry about what to do with him next. Please do keep us updated on his progress! Have you named him/her?

“Lucky” would be a great name for her/him. Because he was very lucky you rescued him/her! :)

Ah, makes sense then. He might even be okay in a tank that's smaller than you would normally provide for a fish his size, given his sight and potentially lack of other options. A less than ideal tank size, if given plenty of water changes, would still be a huge step up in conditions for him.

But, whatever happens, he at least has a chance now with you, and he has a long road ahead for recovery before you need to worry about what to do with him next. Please do keep us updated on his progress! Have you named him/her?
Several water changes later, here he is :
IMG_20200918_183246.jpg

He's definitely doing better. Maybe he is blind, but his other senses become more reliable, he knows when I put food in the tank and doesn't have any trouble finding the foods.
Red spot in his body is almost gone too.
Initially I want to named him moby, since he is white and eat like a whale, just filtering whatever is in the water :D but I think PK suggestion is better, so I'll call him lucky ;)

Looks better. It would do alright in a 125 b/c of its limitations. Would probably have to be alone though.
Edit: it looks to be a male if anyone was wondering.

Looks better. It would do alright in a 125 b/c of its limitations. Would probably have to be alone though.
Edit: it looks to be a male if anyone was wondering.
What about some bottom feeder? Do you think it could work?
I probably should check if it's a male or female, I'll do it in next water change.

Do you have space for another big tank
I do have space for a big tank, I'll probably buy it next year, maybe in January or February

What about some bottom feeder? Do you think it could work?
I probably should check if it's a male or female, I'll do it in next water change.

I do have space for a big tank, I'll probably buy it next year, maybe in January or February
Yea, it probably isn't to aggressive, and it also shouldn't be hard to avoid. Maybe a nice big pleco.

Newest update
the fish still in my 10g, i think both of his eyes are healed, but the red spot in his body havent healed yet. Probably need to put him in the pond asap since he got too big for the 10g.

Attachments

• IMG_20210221_102716.jpg
    IMG_20210221_102716.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20210221_102700.jpg
    IMG_20210221_102700.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20210221_102030.jpg
    IMG_20210221_102030.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 44
I definitely wouldn’t be lifting him out of the water. It’s very stressful on them.

It’s good his eyes healed though.

Most reactions

Back