Help! 60 Liters Tank

Stunner09

Reaction score
Hello!!

I recently joined the forum and I need help with my 60 liter tank. I have a mirebella 60 tropical tank. Cost me about £200 for tank and stand. I think the shop ripped me off because I saw the same tank going for about £40 on ebay.

Well the tank came with a filter, heater and some colourful gravel(fake probably). I aint seen no orange gravel anywhere else. Anyway I wasnt too intrested in fish keeping when i got the tank but i have been quite intrested for a month or so now. Well it was kinda an accident, I was looking on google on how to get rid of algae in my tank. Google redirected me to fishforums.net. Anyway I was browsing through and i saw so many nice tanks that i felt i should do up my tank as well.

Enough blabbering!! I would like some advice on what plants to put and how to get rid of algae. The algae is nasty, it grow on gravel as well as the glass.

Tank Details:

15 watt flourescent
100w heater
and a big fat filter

Fish are:
1 Red tailed black shark
2 Cherry barbs m/f
2 Bristle nose plecs (I got 2 when they were tiny but 1 has got pretty big but the other one is still about the same size i bought it)
1 Dwarf Rainbow fish and 1 male guppy

I have got 3 pieces of wood in the tank and Java moss on all 3 woods but the moss gets covered with stringy algae. looks dirty.
I got an amazon sword plant(i think) a month ago but it died leaf by leaf. I also got hair grass but they died. The grass and java moss cost me quite a bit as well. Pretty expensive at my fish store here compared to ebay..lol.

I dont know what i am doing wrong. I think it is the light but people on fish forums are groing lovely plants in lower light than mine.
Any help would be...........well........helpfull..lol

I suggest you start by reading the pinned threads in lighting, estimative index, co2, they will give you loads of very good and useful info :)

Sam

i have read the pinned article onmlighting but i'm still not too clear. IS it ok if i get a twin t5 ballast. how much energy will a 36w light take.I mean the ballast.

Does anyone know how to put a light in plastic hood made by mirabello or jewel?

Plz let me know..cheers for the help by the way.

Most reactions

Back