help - 2 tank re-shuffle!

lilmisstrouble

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey.... I've posted on here before about my friend with the 100 litre (about 20 UK gallons) tank with the fish. The tank has been passed onto me and I am aware that its not the best stocked tank. So, I now have a 20 g tank and a massive second tank. OH orig told me it was 100g but its 75g. So, to split between these 2 tanks I currently have;

10 rummy nosed tetra
9 glowlight tetra
4 sucking loach
8 clown loach
6 catfish
2 angels

I was actually going to sort out my tank anyway so had held off on adding anything else. I do also really want to get a couple of dwarf gourmai if I can. Please could someone advise on the possibilities of what to do with these tanks? Will they all be ok in the bigger one? Do i need 2 tanks? Do I need to take some fish to my LFS?

The big tank is planted and the little one just has rocks on the bottom at the mo. Both water perameters are fine. Both tanks are quite tall so please bear that in mind with advice...

Thanks in advance :)

biggest loach is about 4" smallest about 2"

both angels are roughly 4ish" I guess.

cats are tiny... about 2". These were mine. When i brought them my LFS said they wouldnt grow over 4" and the chap I spoke to seems to have been right about most things so far.... :)

what i would do:

20 gallon tank
5 rummy nosed tetra
4 glowlight teatras
(maybe 1 or 2 catfish if they are not cories)

75 gallon tank
5 rummy nosed tetra
5 glowlight tetras
8 clown loaches (really MUST go in this tank)
2 angels (also MUST go in this tank)
6 catfish (are they cories or something different - if not cories, you might be able to split them between the two tanks)
4 sucking loaches (what exactly are these?)

Most reactions

Back