Hello

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Meep

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I jumped straight to the cycling threads and forget to stop and say hello!

I've helped with tanks before but this is my first tank, only a small 45l, Its all cycled thanks to the very helpful (and patient) people here and today I bought fish :)  a school of Glowlight Tetra - so fascinating to watch them; first they hid in the plants but now they're all spread out exploring :)

Ch4rlie - I got two Assasin snails too.  I tend to forget photos are magnified and didn't realise they were so small!  They're actually interesting little fellas I'm calling them Davros one and two ;)

Next for me is a little school of Corys, hopefully next w/e; found a good LFS I didn't know about, they have several varieties of them there which is far more than any other store around here.  Also a big marine section and among other things a fully grown Pleco - handsome but big :)

I'll try and take a picture later in the week, but my camera isn't up to much and right now I'm keeping it dark so they can settle in.

Bailpy6 said:
Sounds great! cant wait to see some photos!

I've spent most of the afternnon watching them lol have you got your Asassin snails yet? one of mine is lurking in the sand but the other is on the hunt.
Started a piccy thread.
Tongue_Flicker said:
Welcome aboard!
smile.png
Thanks Tongue_Flicker, I love that name :)

Meep said:

I've spent most of the afternnon watching them lol have you got your Asassin snails yet? one of mine is lurking in the sand but the other is on the hunt.
Started a piccy thread.
Tongue_Flicker said:
Welcome aboard! :)
Thanks Tongue_Flicker, I love that name :)
Thanks! I was originally a snake lover (hence the tongue flicking) that branched out to a lot of other animals haha

Meep said:

Thanks
smile.png

Started a piccy thread.
Just got him today! will post some pics in my thread, he is settling in atm, already lost him though

Bailpy6 said:
Just got him today! will post some pics in my thread, he is settling in atm, already lost him though

Not sure how clear the photo I posted is, one already has a favourite spot and is half buried in sand with his snout (eating tube) poking up ready for the unwary, the other one has explored the tank surprising how fast/far he can move.
Funny looking things aren't they?
I never thought I'd say it but I really like them.  Actually a bit worried I've not got enough pest snails for them, apparently they eat one a day and I was picking about three out a day - unless word has got out and they're hiding now ;)

My Snails havent had time to react since he has just got in, and yea, i like the look of them, hopefully my snails arent too small, have you seen your guy kill anything yet?

Bailpy6 said:
My Snails havent had time to react since he has just got in, and yea, i like the look of them, hopefully my snails arent too small, have you seen your guy kill anything yet?
He's definitely had one, I saw him sliding up to one but it was behind a moss ball befire that he was doing curcuits of the tanks but then he was content and settled in the sand.  I was surprised by how small they are.

Most reactions

Back