(Hello)

Mogs26

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just stopping by to say a belated hello! I have been lurking a reading and getting lost in this forum for a few weeks, and would like to say thanks to you all for some very informative articles and answers. I am waiting for my 'new' 200l tank to fishless cycle-it's finally kicking off now after waiting for what seems like forever, although I am sure it's not! I have had a bi-ube for about 3 years but am now ready to tackle a bigger tank. I look forwards to learning lots from you guys as I only feel like I have scraped the surface so far!
Carole x

:hi: Once you have your larger tank set up you'll find things a whole lot easier. I know I did. Great peeps on here and I've learnt an awfull lot from them and met some amazing people from here too.

Bigger tanks are easier to run. The waters more stable as it has a larger water column, plus the choice of livestock is greater in a larger tank! :good:

I started with a roma 200 and moved up to a trigon 350 currently moving to marines!

Bigger tanks are easier to run. The waters more stable as it has a larger water column, plus the choice of livestock is greater in a larger tank! :good:

I started with a roma 200 and moved up to a trigon 350 currently moving to marines!
That's what I heard-plus the bi ube is tall with a very small surface area, so very limited stck possibilities! I have already decided what I am going to top up with-checked it on the AQ advisor, looked at the fish lists, stocking levels, etc, etc, etc! Can you tell I am doing a fishless cycle? :fun:

Yeah, however I would not pay too much notice to aquadvisor. It is ok to give a jist of it but the people on here have a lot of experience and can give the best advice possible. eg jack dempsey is too aggressive to be kept with most species when in fact they are quite placid and shy IME.

Fish that are breeding is a totally different matter!

What plans do you have for stocking?

Yeah, however I would not pay too much notice to aquadvisor. It is ok to give a jist of it but the people on here have a lot of experience and can give the best advice possible. eg jack dempsey is too aggressive to be kept with most species when in fact they are quite placid and sht IME.

Fish that are breeding is a totally different matter!

What plans do you have for stocking?
I have 6 golden barbs already, and thought I'd double that, as I like them! I have an elderly harlequin rasboro which has survived all my beginner mishaps, so I thought I'd give him some company-make them up to 6, I already have 4 xray tetras and will make them up to 6. I would like some bigger fish, but am a novice, so nothing to complicated, so I have plumped for Lake Kutubu rainbows-5 of those, as they seem to like the company. After the tank is mature, I would also like a bn-I have installed one piece of bogwood already and am hoping to get more in the next week! I hope this is ok, as I have tried really hard to research what I am adding.
Carole x

Sounds ok to me but then I dont have much experience with the smaller community fish. I am a big fan of cichlids!

thanks for the welcome-I am still cycling, SLOWLY! Patiently I might add-I am adding the required amount of ammonia but the tank never seems to get very high in ammonia-perhaps because I squeezed my old filter and added some old rocks from my previous tank and 2nd hand ornaments, etc-I am watching and waiting and reading in the meantime!
Carole x

hello and welcome Mogs, have a good look around the forum and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Most reactions

Back