Hello Note From Oddball Maniac Xd

odettebottier

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Bonjour, Bonjour!
I am new to this forum and I'm so totally excited! So I would like to introduce myself and share my experiences, perhaps? :]

Now I'm 27 and majored in biology with masters. I've been CRAZY about oddballs since 13 (after seeing a full grown ornate bichir and black ghost knifefish in some faraway pet store) but my parents never got me one until I was 14 and I had to pay for everything but tank, filter and heater (my b-day gift! woohoo!). So that is when I got my Ornate Bichir in 29 gallon tank and he was the only fish there. He was around 4" when I got him and he was the cutest thing ever!! I named him bichet (bee-shae) and I still have him and I love him to death! Anyways, he was the best fish for me since I only kept common, little schooling fish and goldfish, and I was still a beginner, and he survived through so many of my mistakes. When he grew to longer than 1' in about a year, I was beginning to research for his new home. Soon enough, I got a 55 gallon tank (I still have my Bichet in it! aka Bichet's place) and BiBi just LOVED the space to freely swim around. Though I made a mistake of putting a school of cherry barbs, which ended up in Bibi's stomach almost instantly. So, I bought a school of giant danios and african climbing perch in 29 gallons. When they grew big enough within several months, I put them in with Bichet and he loved the company. So, I stuck to my giant danios and climbing perchy theory since then, and I still add giant danios and perch in replacement of another. I once had a gourami with them, but he died about two years ago. let him RIP. I made the 29 gallon tank "invisible" tank with different types of glassfish and glass catfish. I've had some other smaller oddballs but no more. Now I have a growing climbing perch (soon to be with Bichet) and a figure 8 puffer (which I totally fell in love when I saw it at 1"!) I got a 150 gallon tank (my newest tank! I got it after graduation! YAY) and I have all sorts of oddball guys there! WOOHOO!! :] ULALAA-<3

So, end of my history :] maybe boring, but I thought I'd share it with you guys; it was my form of introduction :] I would love to hear about your stories if any of you have any! Your oddball experience or your fish story X] Since I'm new here, i'd like to know some of active members!

From my experience, I've learned so much about oddballs and I enjoy every bit of them! The only type of oddball that I have never has was a stingray. I really want to have one! Anyone has one? Read my singature, do you think I can fit in some goby in it? What's the smallest kind?

Anyways, that's about it, and it was pleasing to join this site!

xoxo,
Odette

p.s. I'm a very excitable person! XD

xoxo

Welcome to the forum!! :good:

lol, I can see that.

I havn't kept any stingrays myself but I know there's many that have. I love anything that looks odd, puffers, Bichirs, stingrays, flounders, prehistoric monster fish, sterlets..you name it.

BTW,
I made the 29 gallon tank "invisible" tank with different types of glassfish and glass catfish.
that's a great idea :hyper: Mind if I borrow it? :shifty:

Welcome to the forum!! :good:
lol, I can see that.I havn't kept any stingrays myself but I know there's many that have. I love anything that looks odd, puffers, Bichirs, stingrays, flounders, prehistoric monster fish, sterlets..you name it. BTW,
I made the 29 gallon tank "invisible" tank with different types of glassfish and glass catfish.
that's a great idea :hyper: Mind if I borrow it? :shifty:
aww how nice, thank you, syntax!I'm so looking forward to everything!! :]]xoxo
Welcome to TFF
thank you verrrry much! aww I feel welcomed..! :)

woah, in your sig, does 3x mean like 30 something? wow, i would like to see that many danios o_O

pics please :drool: :drool:

woah, in your sig, does 3x mean like 30 something? wow, i would like to see that many danios o_Opics please :drool: :drool:
LOL i meant 3x danios like three danios. :] if I have 30 danios my Bichet will be sad and going crazy :] nice meeting you <3
I'm going to guess 3x means 3 danios ;)And welcome odettebottier.
thank you! <3 and yes, I meant three danios :]xoxo

Most reactions

Back