Hello Its Been A While, Stocking Advise Please?

seb421

Reaction score
Hi,

Had the African Cichlid tank set up just over a year or more,

IMAG0259.jpg

Basically I'm after a bed room tank now as well, so looking at 90-100 ltr tops (due to weight)

Looking at these two, Aqua One Aquastyle 620 and the Via aqua Ar620 Aquarium both 90 ltr, they are the same tank both made in china by Haoyun Aquarium Co but branded under different names

790070.jpg

Im looking for advise on what tropical fish to stock in the bedroom tank, my water here out the tap is ideal out the tap for African Cichlids

PH 7.8 / 8
KH 12, 214.8 ppm
GH 14, 250.6 ppm

they are what I know having bought various books dvd's etc but i'm well aware that this tank is no good for them.

I would like interesting or bright active fish, oddballs, not a fan of tetras or other tiny similar fish, I like the Amazon (SAP) Puffer but dont know a great deal about them or where to get them in the uk

Thanks for advise guys

I've got that tank and our water is pretty similar.

I thought about SAP at one point but I have not seen them on sale in my area (Nottingham). Also you need to do dentistry regularly and they need snails for diet.

Tiger barbs are pretty active fishes. Also consider dwarf cichlids like rams. Most of the other fishes prefer acidic water and depending on who you believe, they will survive (thrive) in our water once acclimatised. Unless of course you have RO system!

Or you can have just 1 family of Malawi Mbuna. 2 family will be pushing it as it's not big a tank really.

Adrian

PS I got mine second hand. Paid £75 all in.

+1. This gets my vote.

Failing that, a community setup with a couple of pairs of apisto's or a GBR pair, some peacock gobies, hatchet fish and your pick of midwater schoolers (tetras/rainbows/smaller barbs) would work.

+1. This gets my vote.

Failing that, a community setup with a couple of pairs of apisto's or a GBR pair, some peacock gobies, hatchet fish and your pick of midwater schoolers (tetras/rainbows/smaller barbs) would work.

which small Tanganyika cichlids would you recommend for the 90 ltr tank? (p.s shell dwellers are cool but not for me)

i'm not so much into the general community tanks with mixed gobies and the like

ask in the african cichlid forum theres a few keepers of tangs in there that can advise you

Most reactions

Back