Hello From Wales

Rio

Reaction score
Hello everyone :)

My name is Rhiannon and I am from South Wales, UK.

I got my first tropical tank a month a go. So far I have 6 mollies and 8 guppies. My favourites are the Dalmatian Mollies but my favourite fish I own is the one in my avatar.

Apart from fish, I have 9 house rabbits and 2 house guinea pigs. I work in a veterinary practice and love my job.

This seems like a great place to learn so I hope my fish benefit from my learning.

What size tank have you got??

I would say your tank isnt fully cycled yet if you only had it a month. Unless you speeded up the process and used mature media from an established tank.

Keep a close eye on the water chemistry. Main things are Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrates.

If you havnt got one already, buy yourself a water testing kit.

Im from Swansea BTW.

This site has been a great help for me, and there are alot of friendly and knowledgable members on here to help with any issues or queries

Raf

What size tank have you got??

I would say your tank isnt fully cycled yet if you only had it a month. Unless you speeded up the process and used mature media from an established tank.

Keep a close eye on the water chemistry. Main things are Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrates.

If you havnt got one already, buy yourself a water testing kit.

Im from Swansea BTW.

Raf

Thank you for the welcomes

Hi Raf,
Thanks for the advice. I have a Fluval Roma 200 with a U4 filter. I didn't have any mature media but was told that it was ok to start with some mollies. I now know it was too early to get the guppies but I trusted the guy in the shop.
Got myself a water testing kit :) Might be a bit too much but I'm testing the water every day !
Nitrite and Nitrates have been 0 and the highest my ammonia has been is 0.25. Had some problems keeping it at 0.

No harm in testing everyday, especially in a new tank IMO.

I did it when I started out. keep a close eye on the ammonia, and also when you start reading nitrites. Keep the water changes going until they both go '0', and you start reading Nitrates.

Hi rhi, welcome to the forum. Full of people willing to help on here. I'm relatively new to fish keeping and iv had a lot of help from here :) I'm also from south Wales by the way.... Pontypridd area :)

Hi and welcome to the forum :good:

have a good mooch around and perhaps show us your tank and fish

Simon

Thank you all for your welcomes :)

Great to see other people from Wales too :D

Lovely butt :good:

I am in the sunny Port Talbot area, but travel to Swansea/Skewen/Clydach for my fish.. any of you able to pass on any little 'hidden gems' in the South West Wales area?

Diolch An Fawr.

Terry.

Most reactions

Back