Hello All

Davidtq

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi there just introducing myself,

Im David from Devon, 3rd Generation fish keeper ex small time fish wholesaler, been around a few forums in the past but been out of the scene for a couple of years with house moves and having a couple more children (4 now) meaning I had to lose my big tanks \ stock tanks etc. Still got 4 tanks setup but finally looking on course to get a decent size tank up and running again.

I have kept and bred allsorts over the years currently got a pretty typical asian community tank at the moment in a 212l tank, got a trimac in a 566l tank with a few plecs, an unskimmed marine tank about 60l, and a 20l fw tank which is currently empty.

Im a bit of an experimental fish keeper, my ultimate goal is a decently complex biosystem aquarium, where all I do is add light and water movement, I like to take a natural approach to fish keeping, things like running marine tanks using natural sea water, using local wood instead of shop brought bog wood etc etc. I tend to like getting into the science of how and why things work. I hate unnecesary adding of chemicals to tanks etc etc

Welcome Davidtq...
Look forward to reading your ideas, receiving your help and returning the favour (if/where possible).

Theres whole areas of fish keeping \ species which I have little or no experience with so sure theres people who can help when I come to something I need help with. Im sure the forums got some cory experts around, who might be able to come up with suggestions when I want to breed adolfois etc although that will all be waiting till later.

Most reactions

Back