Heaters How Many

itstag

Reaction score
i hav a juwel rio 240 tank , i just bought new. The heater that came with the kit i put in when i set it up 5 days ago,the temprature in my tank needs to be 28, but seems to be getting no higher than 26 and its a 300 watt heater .Do i need to add another heater to get the water capacity up to the temp i req. thanks

i hav a juwel rio 240 tank , i just bought new. The heater that came with the kit i put in when i set it up 5 days ago,the temprature in my tank needs to be 28, but seems to be getting no higher than 26 and its a 300 watt heater .Do i need to add another heater to get the water capacity up to the temp i req. thanks

what heater are you using? try turning the heater up to 30C and see if the temp increases to 28C, my current heaters seem to be 4C out so atm my heaters are set to 20C and the tank sits at 24C.

I would use either one 300W or to be on the safe side 2 x 200W heaters

Just turn the heater up a couple of notches to get the temp you need. That heater is fine for your tank. I have a Juwel 260 with a 200 watt ;) but I do run two just in case one fails.

hth

what heater are you using? try turning the heater up to 30C and see if the temp increases to 28C, my current heaters seem to be 4C out so atm my heaters are set to 20C and the tank sits at 24C.

I would use either one 300W or to be on the safe side 2 x 200W heaters

thanks for the help i will try that

Most reactions

Back