Heaters and winter...

Okay, so I went to sleep last night and the tank was reading 79 degrees, no heater on, just the tank lights warmed it to that temp during the day. When I got up this morning the tank was at 77. So that is pretty much how the temp runs in my tank for this time of the year.

I don't plan on turning the heater on at all until the temps start to drop to a point of my feeling the fish really need it. I think this type of fluctuation is normal. Some will not agree, and that is okay, but I think it mimics nature nicely.

Okay, so I went to sleep last night and the tank was reading 79 degrees, no heater on, just the tank lights warmed it to that temp during the day. When I got up this morning the tank was at 77. So that is pretty much how the temp runs in my tank for this time of the year.

I don't plan on turning the heater on at all until the temps start to drop to a point of my feeling the fish really need it. I think this type of fluctuation is normal. Some will not agree, and that is okay, but I think it mimics nature nicely.

I don't see problems with this.

On the temp being 79 and 77...remember this is most likely at the top where the thermometer is, not down in the tank, where it will certainly be cooler if the tank lighting is affecting the temperature. Not suggesting that is a problem (as I said previously, this is normal in natural habitats), just pointing out something; we need to keep all the data in mind.

I don't see problems with this.

On the temp being 79 and 77...remember this is most likely at the top where the thermometer is, not down in the tank, where it will certainly be cooler if the tank lighting is affecting the temperature. Not suggesting that is a problem (as I said previously, this is normal in natural habitats), just pointing out something; we need to keep all the data in mind.

The tank temperature is mainly controlled by room temperature the heat from lighting will have little affect on water if tank water is circulaced by pump

Most reactions

Back