Heater?

dt3000

Reaction score
I have a new FRF 550 hexagonal 22L which I'm setting up and it came with a 25watt heater, it's warm to the touch but after 2 days only got up to a max of 25 deg c and that's after I put a load of filtered boiling water in - it should be 26 and last night dropped back to 24. Would I benefit from getting a different heater - maybe a Visitherm 50 watt?

I have a new FRF 550 hexagonal 22L which I'm setting up and it came with a 35watt heater, it's warm to the touch but after 2 days only got up to a max of 25 deg c and that's after I put a load of filtered boiling water in - it should be 26 and last night dropped back to 24. Would I benefit from getting a different heater - maybe a Visitherm 50 watt?
if its keeping a stable 24 then its doing its job, i could be that your lights are giving it the extra temp. Try moving it up to the 26 and see what it does then

Is it on constantly on or have you just set it to 26degC on it's gauge? The guage on heaters is only a rough guide, you need to fine tune it until it's maintaining the temp you want on a thermometer.

Guys there is no guage on this ..... it's a basic aquarium with a very basic heater - no adjustment.

25degC should be ok but come the winter nights it may struggle. I'd pick up a 50W Visitherm if I were you.

I was thinking the exact same thing Marcos, just before I went to lunch....got one from the local LFS on the way back.

Cheers

25degC should be ok but come the winter nights it may struggle. I'd pick up a 50W Visitherm if I were you.

Just for reference and if anyone experiences a similar problem.....the Visitherm 50 did the trick. Correct temp. was achieved in less than 2 hours.

I was thinking the exact same thing Marcos, just before I went to lunch....got one from the local LFS on the way back.

Cheers

Most reactions

Back