Heater not heating!!

That's one of mine on the left
20200614_215056-jpg.107087

And if you look carefully there's another one in my signature - and the thing lying on the bottom at the back is also a heater. They should all be submersible ;)
Thank you! That really calms me down lol. I could top my bettas tank full with water then :D

How many litres are in the tank?
Is the room containing the tank, cool or warm?

25 and 50 watt heaters are not as reliable as 100+ watt heaters.

If the tank contains more than 40 litres, perhaps get a 100 watt heater instead of another 50 watt heater.

Insulate the base, back and sides with some polystyrene foam to help hold the heat in better. Have a coverglass on the tank for the same reason.

How many litres are in the tank?
Is the room containing the tank, cool or warm?

25 and 50 watt heaters are not as reliable as 100+ watt heaters.

If the tank contains more than 40 litres, perhaps get a 100 watt heater instead of another 50 watt heater.

Insulate the base, back and sides with some polystyrene foam to help hold the heat in better. Have a coverglass on the tank for the same reason.
Its a 30 L tank and my room is cool and his tank is a bowfront cube.. What heater size hen should I get?

A 30 Litre tank in a cool room would be better off with a 100 watt heater, just so the heater doesn't have to work as hard to warm the water up. Alternatively, try insulating the base, back and sides of the tank and see if your current heater works better.

A 30 Litre tank in a cool room would be better off with a 100 watt heater, just so the heater doesn't have to work as hard to warm the water up. Alternatively, try insulating the base, back and sides of the tank and see if your current heater works better.
Isn't a 100w heater a bit of an overkill if it fails?

If any heater fails it's an issue.

100 watt heaters are generally more reliable than lower wattage heaters. I'm not sure why but they are.

I used 100 watt heaters in my 2 foot tanks that held about 40 litres of water and never had any issues with them.

If any heater fails it's an issue.

100 watt heaters are generally more reliable than lower wattage heaters. I'm not sure why but they are.

I used 100 watt heaters in my 2 foot tanks that held about 40 litres of water and never had any issues with them.
My tank is not able hold that large heater (Eheim Jager).. Maybe other good heater that is fully subersible?

I don't know what brands are available to you. Just try to find something that fits in the tank, has an external temperature adjuster, is fully submersible and has at least a 12 month warranty. Generally any heater with a long warranty will work for longer than heaters with short or no warranties.

I don't know what brands are available to you. Just try to find something that fits in the tank, has an external temperature adjuster, is fully submersible and has at least a 12 month warranty. Generally any heater with a long warranty will work for longer than heaters with short or no warranties.
Sure, I'll look for one. Thank you :)

I’m not sure if this is helpful, but I had the same problem and my heater was too big even though it came with my kit! I purchased this heater on amazon
Uniclife 50 W Submersible Aquarium Heater HT-6050 with Thermometer for 10 Gallon Fish Tank https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KQRYDGD/?tag=

and in the description was this:
41E5DEBA-56C8-4CBC-B5D4-3DF6BD2D77BF.png

I had a 100w supplied for my 40L but I bought the 50w and it’s perfect! Stays within 26-27 degrees.

Sorry I just wanted to add that the warmer u need the tank the smaller the heater according to this table.

Sorry I just wanted to add that the warmer u need the tank the smaller the heater according to this table.
Other way around - the warmer the room temp the smaller the heater you need. That table assumes you always want the tank at 26C

Other way around - the warmer the room temp the smaller the heater you need. That table assumes you always want the tank at 26C
Yeah that’s what I meant lol, I really don’t know what I’m talking about.... very new to this..... prob should of kept my nose out.

Most reactions

Back