He/She's a survivor!

The fish that I had the longest were my two pink balloon kissing gouramis. They lived around 8 years!

rarefish

My Glofish survived an evil filter that ate half of my fish finrot a territorial albino rainbow shark and a hungry dwarf puffer all w/oso much as splitting a fin ... That fish is the hungryest and the smartest fish in my tank ... I love it.

My guppy is a cuple months old but i thought he wuz gona die a cuple months ago cuz hes 'special' if u kno wut i mean lol

Had a Three-Spot Gourami for 12 years> he was bit of an an aggro giving bullier and I couldn't get any other largish fish with him.
Had some Tetras that lived for about 7 yrs. (Rummy Noses/Cardinals)

Haven't had any of my fish that long. Still have all of my first fish, six black skirt tetras. I have nearly all of the fish I've bought yet.

I may be rescuing two of the most abused yoyo loaches ever soon. They survived a cycle without water changes, and have survived for the intervening five years with no water changes, just evaporation top-up with tap water. The pH crashed long ago, and they're still plugging at a pH below 5 and a hardness higher than I could measure. Everything else that's touched the tank has died in days, if not hours, and dead tankmates have been the loaches main food source, since the owners have only fed goldfish flake to the tank.

I'm afraid I'll kill them in the process of trying to save them, to be honest.

My goldfish, Sharkeye, I have had him for 10 years, along with another one that died a couple of months ago, they survived despite been in a 16 litre tank, with full water change every 2 weeks and the sponge rinsed out in tap water every week, and the filter turned off every night! Did not mean to be cruel, just had no idea until I came to this forum, he now has a 50 litre tank all to himself, and 25% water changes every week, filter rinsed out in the tank water and left on over night, :good: , he is so much happier! :lol:

When I first started fish keeping in my teens nearly 20 years ago, I was still living with my parents and kept a 150 litre tropical freshwater tank. After a couple of years I was planning to buy my own house and move away - I didnt have many fish by this time - just a few tetras, but I didnt like the idea of trying to move them so my parents agreed to keep the tank at their house. Bearing in mind that these few remaining tetras were already at least a few years old I thought that it wouldnt be long before they died of old age. So, after moving out I would pop back every few weeks to do a quick water change and my parents were in charge of feeding them while I was away. My parents were patiently waiting to regain the space my 4 foot tank took up and I kept assuring them that "it wont be long - honest!".....

7 years later, ONE lone tetra was left (poor thing must have got paranoid with us staring into the tank regularly and saying "Still alive!!!!" :lol: ) He eventually did pass away and the tank was dully moved much to my parents delight!!!

I asked the guy at my LFS if it was normal for such a small fish to live sooooo long. He said it wasnt unheard of and it probably helped by being the only fish in the tank!

i've had my little hill stream loach for about 5/6 years. it was back in the day when i was just getting into fish keeping and i didn't have a tropical tank but wanted a pleco kind of fish. he's seen so many fish come and go over the years and all my other hill stream loaches seemed to have died.
he's recently gone from a green colour to a brown colour. something to do with maturity i'm guessing(?)
does anyone know how long these guys live for?

My Otos; bought them a few months after the tank was set up, so probably had them nearly four years now, had my Cardinals around three years.

My 3 Oscars. When they where smaller they had some feeder fish that made them very sick, never ever did I get feeders for them again. I use to own 4 but one little guys, named Trooper lost the fight :rip: My little Trooper

Most reactions

Back