He got stuck in a pot

Greener

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
One of my male bettas in my 2.5 G tank got himself stuck in the little hole of a potting pot, I told my mother that I needed to block or make those bigger but she said they would be fine. I got him out but the top of his scales are shredded, my mom is on her way home from work and is going to buy me some betta fix, any other recommendations for meds that a Pets Mart would have? I've also moved him out of the tank into a zip lock plastic container so that he has lowered water, I put some marble stones in there and fresh water with aqua plus tap water conditioner. Anything else I can do? I'm so contemplating phoning in sick to work today.

well just gibe him the meilfx or bettafix.Also stress coat is a good thing to have.Id just take out the pot and lwt himback into his main tank.if his scales are really bad give him salt baths

Yep those pots are history, took the one out from the other guy as well. I think I'll put back their sea shells to make a cave for them, that's what they came with. I got them both at a friends wedding, they were being used for the center pieces. If only my mom could hurry up with the betta fix. Now salt baths? what kind of salt? and do you mean pouring it overtop him or putting salt water in his tank?

What she's talking about with salt dips is making up a batch of salt water and putting the fish in for a certain amount of time.

I really don't like Melafix... but most people do. Never seems to do anything for me. I'd just keep the water really clean and watch for any signs of infection.

When I got back from work this evening he was dead :-( My parents said he went downhill after I left and was flopped on his side.

Greener said:
When I got back from work this evening he was dead :-( My parents said he went downhill after I left and was flopped on his side.
Sorry to hear that, rip little guy. :rip:

Most reactions

Back