Hc 1.99! *drools*

Glad I spotted this as I was contemplating ordering from them.

Dont know what contact details you have for them, but this thread may help ...

Link

They are certainly aware of these forums (User: Anthony Young), but it doesn't look like they are very active on here.

Hope you get it sorted, those plants look terrible.

i must say that i personally have had nothing but fantastic plants from Tropical-aquarium-plants - 100% healthy, so dont be put off by a few bad orders - the majority of plants are fantastic

hi there voo

i am really sorry you had trouble with the gloss form our store and i promise 100% that there is no question about you eitehr gettign a refudn or a replacement pack. i promise we have nto seen the photo and form the one i see here it is in bad condition. what we have done is stopped selling it in the loose form and have started selling it in the potted form as it travels much better so if you email me again with yoru detaisl we can send a potted one to you and see if that works out better ( or a refudn no problem) they do just sometimes need to be planted up and allowed tme to die off and re-grow ( smae as soem crypts) but if the batch has been totally destaroyed it is maybe better to have them potted.

if anyone has any problems at all with an order through is we will sort it for you and you can always contat me through the forum or the website or simply give us a call.

i must say that i personally have had nothing but fantastic plants from Tropical-aquarium-plants - 100% healthy, so dont be put off by a few bad orders - the majority of plants are fantastic

I'd agree that if you've only had good experiences from a supplier then there is no reason not to use them again, I'm sure every supplier occasionally gets plants that are below the standard expected. However ........

It wouldnt be the bad plants that put me off .I've had poor Tropica plants delivered through Birstall before, the difference is the level of 'customer support' .......... or lack of it.

Birstall replaced my plant instantly, without question, other times when a plant has been 'OK' but not looking it's best, they have always offered a discount if I took it.

Having seen the pic of the plants they are clearly of very poor quality. They shouldn't be saying that it's fine !

hi there julie, the java moss and the malayns that are mssing from the order are still on back order, we have had the java moss come in this week and last but on both occasssion the moss had blackend so i cant send this out to you or the others waiting for this plant. the malayns have been on order for 3-4 weeks but they have not arrived in as of yet, the growers may have lost a batch so it is just holding off for the new batch to come through. as per the emails etc i am happy to keep these on back order and post as soon as they arrive in good health or refund if you woudl prefer nto to wait for them.

I ordered plants from www.tropical-aquarium-plants.co.uk and a few were missing from the order. I emailed her asking when I could expect them and that was about 2 weeks ago and I've had no more plants and no email reply. You've reminded me to chase. I'll never buy from there again.

i had some missing 'cos she didnt want to send out any bad looking plants, so some wernt ready yet/not in stock - but i recieved it in the end :)

I don't mind having to wait if the plants aren't in stock but I do want to be told about it. When they were delivered, there was nothing to tell me there was only part of the order there, only half the plants in the pack were labelled (the plants I did receive were lovely and in good condition although I have murdered one of them already :S ) and when I emailed to ask about it to see if there had been an error, I didn't receive a reply.

All I ask for is a reasonable level of customer service and if I don't get it, I don't buy from that supplier again. :/

hi there julie, the java moss and the malayns that are mssing from the order are still on back order, we have had the java moss come in this week and last but on both occasssion the moss had blackend so i cant send this out to you or the others waiting for this plant. the malayns have been on order for 3-4 weeks but they have not arrived in as of yet, the growers may have lost a batch so it is just holding off for the new batch to come through. as per the emails etc i am happy to keep these on back order and post as soon as they arrive in good health or refund if you woudl prefer nto to wait for them.

Oops, just posted then saw your reply. I am happy to wait for the plants but I didn't have any communication from you so didn't know what was happening. I would rather wait and receive good quality plants. The ones you already sent me were lovely although I could've done with all of them being labelled (if you saw the state of my garden you'd know why :blush: ). A quick note in the parcel would have been enough to tell me about the rest of my order and I'd have been happy.

Thanks for letting me know even though it's a little late. I will be happy to try another order from you now it's been sorted. Thanks :D

hi there

i am sorry julie i have just check and you are correct the last email i sent to you on the 3rd of october stating they were still on back order was the last one i sent to you, i should have sent another one this week so my sincere applogies for having not re-updated you.

hi there

i am sorry julie i have just check and you are correct the last email i sent to you on the 3rd of october stating they were still on back order was the last one i sent to you, i should have sent another one this week so my sincere applogies for having not re-updated you.

Hi again. I didn't get an email from you on the 3rd of October. I just looked in my deleted and junk folders to double check. No problem, it's sorted now anyway, I'm happy. :D

Thanks

just check with juiles email and it is bouncing it back so if anyone else has tried to email and has not had a reply it may be the same problem ( some systems maybe reading it as a spam mail) so if you need to contact me at all for any reason about an order and you are not getting an email reply form us please call on 01674672060. this is our direct number and we can be reached on this all the time.

if it comes loose to you you can plant it with tweezers etc ( they are really small) but they are pretty matted togetehr at the roots so it shoudl be planted in a clump. this plant i have found does much better in smaller or shallow tanks as it needs really good lights to spread well. it sends out runners and will quikly start to sread throughthe gravel. soem feed will also help speed the process up a bit. the same rules apply to four leaf clovers, umbrosmum, micranthemoides and a few others if you are going for a carpet effect and have larger tank you may be better with ech.tens. they are tiny amazon swords ( look like grass) and they will spread well but just abit more slowly. i have these in a 180 and a 300 and they are doing well. i have the HC in a small 2 ft fry tank and it has been there for about 2 weeks now. i have taken this out of the pott and allow the plants to spread but they are still on the wool. once it has estableished a bit more i will start to remove it from the wool.

They're not that bad, i've had 2 orders of their collections from ebay over the past year, and this last order through their website.

Would be interesting to see their tanks, with their choice of plants :D

I fully agree, that said - in all honesty, I don't choose my suppliers based on customers experiences when everything has gone well, but when something went wrong. Only then can you judge how the store/company/supplier/etc will react in problematic situations.

During my internship in a fairly large importing company, when we would order goods from China, we generally would place a small order first. Then we would make sure "something" went wrong... Depending on the suppliers actions, we decide if to order a full stock or not. The last order placed while I worked there was for almost 6m USD of building supplies on a regular basis; they never had problems with their filtering system...

That said, I have never personally tried t.a.p.; I might soon though as soon as I have shoved in another tube...
Michele

ive just orderd a batch of plants on sunday and they should be with me on wednesday ( there posting them on tuesday)

already had a 4 emails with the prgress

fingers crossed

Most reactions

Back