Have your fry lived when not separated from tank?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Have your fry lived when not separated from tank?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes all

• Total voters
raeburter said:
If i got a fry tank when can i transfer the fry to my adult tank(age)
when they are too big to fit in the largest fish's mouth. If it is only small fish like the guppy, then they should be safe after 2 months.

I voted all though this is not definatly true, I may loose some without knowing - I just know I get lots of fry grow to adult in my tank.
I have lots of plants including java moss which the little uns love to hide in and a nice piece of bogwood too which has lots of nooks and crannies for cover.

I have had a few fry grow up to being adults in a community tank. Guppy fry, anyway. I have lots of plants, and wood, and rocks, and all that good stuff! They swim right for the floating plants, and then they just come out around feeding time, and when they feel adventurous.

Platy fry, however, never seem to be able to stay alive in a community tank, so now they have their own fry tank. :) That reminds me...one of my High-fin girls should be giving birth sometime in the next week....

Well Peeps,

My female gup who has been pregnant for eight weeks gave birth today in the community tank, I have salvaged 4 fry, not sure if any been eaten- most probable.

Hopefully she has more to come, I voted saved some in community tank.

Mells

Usually one or two survived (lots of plants), i had 2 angelfish that ate mostly livebearer fry (guess it tastes better than frozen stuff).

But the fry that made it past snack size usually lived long lives. Natural selection works. :p

i have lik 4mollie fry in my main tank! 1 is a new born (maybe 2 weeks old) and the other 3 are like 3 months old! and since i have two adults in there... the mollie fry grow slowly!

i used to have one batch of dalmation mollies and a batch of fancy guppies, but sadly, all of the fish died from some wierd illness. cept for my original serpae tetra, i was able to quarentine him. i had all of my fry in a breeder net.

Most reactions

Back