Have you ever?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kanake

Reaction score
Howdy,
Have you ever gone to LFS for one thing and came home whit something eles?
I went for plants and came home with a WaterWonder Filter. Cool it looks like a big rock and bubbles and it adds alot to the decor. No plants I have had too much trouble.

all the time

Most of the time, I come back with a Betta since we almost always have a spare bowl and nice original looking bettas are harder to find.

One time I went to see the shark feeding at Big Al's and I took my girlfriend. She bought a tank.

Oooh, that filter sounds cool! :) I frequently come home from my LFS with unplanned buys... it's usually decor and stuff though. My parents buy it for me usually, and if I don't have the money to repay them I do chores.

Mum is very house-proud and doesn't want my tanks to look tacky because they're in the office and clients go in there. So sometimes she brings me home a nice fake plant or decoration and says 'I thought this'd look nice in your tank!' :D

• Went for some bloodworm, came home with a pufferfish (Martha)
  • Went for some algae wafers, came home with a pufferfish (Cookie)
  • Went for some tetras, came home with a pufferfish (Archie)
  • Went for a look around, came home with a pufferfish (Hope)
  • Went for some bogwood, came home with a pufferfish (Titch)
  • Went for filter media, came home with a pufferfish (Smidge)
  • Went for some crickets, came home with a polypterus (Julian)
  • Went for an air pump, came home with a new 40g tank and all the trimmings
..etc ...etc ...etc ...etc ...etc...

(please note that we always make sure we have somewhere to put the fish BEFORE we buy them, even if they're impulse purchases. We also take our 'library' with us in the car whenever we go out, just in case we need to do some impromptu research!)

SirMinion said:
  • Went for some bloodworm, came home with a pufferfish (Martha)
  • Went for some algae wafers, came home with a pufferfish (Cookie)
  • Went for some tetras, came home with a pufferfish (Archie)
  • Went for a look around, came home with a pufferfish (Hope)
  • Went for some bogwood, came home with a pufferfish (Titch)
  • Went for filter media, came home with a pufferfish (Smidge)
  • Went for some crickets, came home with a polypterus (Julian)
  • Went for an air pump, came home with a new 40g tank and all the trimmings
..etc ...etc ...etc ...etc ...etc...

(please note that we always make sure we have somewhere to put the fish BEFORE we buy them, even if they're impulse purchases. We also take our 'library' with us in the car whenever we go out, just in case we need to do some impromptu research!)
[snapback]902412[/snapback]​

i sense some kind of pattern here...

So did you ever go out to get a puffer?

well lets see, yes, this last thursday

went to find replacement for my 'hurricane in tank' fluval 4

picked up a fluval 2
figured eh, might as well get a fluval 1 for my puffer tank
picked up fluval 1

hmm 23 dollars for a 10 G plus hood and lights

picked up new tank

hey now I can get a second dwarf puffer

picked up dwarf puffer

and after all that I still browsed at the amphibians

which I determained would never get along with the cats (or vice versa)

There's plenty of times that's happened. Most of the time I get a new Betta, I didn't go in there planning on getting one.

I jsut went tonight to take back unfortunately a few fish. however, I came back with a green barb four tetras and a cory haha i know the feeling I felt good that I only spent 9 bucks or so I got a deal haha

Kanake said:
Howdy,
Have you ever gone to LFS for one thing and came home whit something eles?
I went for plants and came home with a WaterWonder Filter. Cool it looks like a big rock and bubbles and it adds alot to the decor. No plants I have had too much trouble.
[snapback]902399[/snapback]​

I went in today for a £1.99 pack of frozen food and came out with some plants and 4 peacock gobies.....

Last time I went in for frozen food I came out with a bronze puffer....

I've practically never gone to the LFS with the intention of getting a fish, with the exception of my leopard ctenopoma, if that tells you anything :lol:
I usually end up getting a betta even though I go with the intention of avoiding that like the plague... I mean heck, look at my sig. Does it look like I need another betta?? :S

Quite a lot. I normally go out with the intention of getting a specific number of a certain fish, and try to take just the amount for that. But my excuse is, I'm helping :D I went out to get 6 danios, he needed to get rid of them because he had a delivery coming in so he gave me 9 instead. I went out to get 3 corys, there were 5 in the tank, I thought I'd help by not leaving 2 on their own. Umm... I almost got another tank, he needed to get rid of it, but I managed to resist... I do quite often end up with a betta, generally either the really dull ones (normally females, the dull runty ones get left until last) or ones I think ' :drool: ).

I work at the LFS, anytime i have money i come out with something :D , yesterday i had a few extra dollars (like 3) and i bought some livebearer food...

This is how my last couple of visits to my lfs went;

1. Went to male a male sailfin molly, came back with the male molly plus a female and 3young female guppys and some plants

2. Went for some dechorinator and came back with the dechlorinator and a bunch of plants and freezedried bloodworms and a spare fluval filter.

3. Went to get some fish flakes and came back with more plants, a 30gallon tank, a bag of fine white silica sand and shoted at my lfs owner but forgot the fish flakes :hyper: !

.... :whistle:

Since I have 1 dog, 1 rat, 2 toads, 1 turtle, a 20 gal and a 30 gal aquarium I am pretty much at the LFS 3 times a week coming home with sonething I wasn't really planning on buying. Hubby says I will need to get a job soon so I can support my animal habit. :p When I come home without anything for the pup he sulkes all day so I can't come home without something for him. Thank goodness for the bargain bin! But mostly its stuff for the aquariums, a new plant or decoration or new fish. Think I will just open my own pet shop then no worries :p

Most reactions

Back