Have My First Set Of Babies Today!

doorsmorr

Reaction score
Well the night before last, I noticed one of my guppys isolating herself with a few males following her around. So I put her in the breeder and woke up yesterday morning and noticed she had given birth to a few fry. Over the next few hours she continued to have some more. I counted 11 and seen one swim up next to the mother and unfourtunately got eaten. Is 11 a normal amount b/c she was in there all night and all morning and never had anymore. Did I take her out prematurely or is this a normal number? Also, can I expect her to have more in 28 days? Or will it just depend? I wanna be sure b/c a few family members are wanting some of them and would like to have more!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

She may have given birth to more than 11 bu may have eaten them when you wern't watching.

She may be pregnant again and will probably give birth to more fry in the next 28-31 days. As the can hold fry for a few pregnancies.

If you are planning them on I would consider keeping them yourself and raising them until they were about 2cm. That way they have a better immune system and wouldn't be as susceptable to change. Although you may want to keep them until they are up to 1in in length.

Well the night before last, I noticed one of my guppys isolating herself with a few males following her around. So I put her in the breeder and woke up yesterday morning and noticed she had given birth to a few fry. Over the next few hours she continued to have some more. I counted 11 and seen one swim up next to the mother and unfourtunately got eaten. Is 11 a normal amount b/c she was in there all night and all morning and never had anymore. Did I take her out prematurely or is this a normal number? Also, can I expect her to have more in 28 days? Or will it just depend? I wanna be sure b/c a few family members are wanting some of them and would like to have more!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
Yay :shout:
congratulations, im expecting my first fry :)
cant wait!!!!
as 12 azor said she probably ate them when you didnt see!
guppy's whithold sperm from the males so more than likely she is going to produce more within 28 days!!
:)

_-_sometimes when you move a pregnate guppy into another tank they get stressed causing her to take some more time to have the fry. that is the problom with that, when you think their pregnate you move them.

you can just have a heavly planted tank or a seperate breading tank just for guppies. when you have a heavly planted tank (or just plenty of hiding places or objects) they can swim away and hide before they get eaten by other fish.

_-_they are born whenever their big enough, some take more time, and some less time.

_-_pregnate guppies usually give birth around 10-40 babies each fry ^_^

Most reactions

Back