Has Anyone Tried Tetra-biits Weekend Food?

betta_luv

Reaction score
Hey folks. Has anyone tried Tetra-bits Weekend food? I was going on a 1 week vacation and was wondering if Tetra-bits Weekend food was good. Or is keeping the fishes without food for a week, a better option? I have 6 female Bettas in a 14g.

Are those the stick-like things? If so, I tried them once and they weren't too bad, not as bad as the plaster pyramids, and nowhere near as bad as the disaster with the cheap automatic feeder that half-filled the tank with pellets that the corys then wouldn't eat :(

I have heard very bad things about the weekend food stick things, that they mess the water badly and the fish dont consider them food. This was with goldfish though. But then, goldfish eat a hell of a lot more than bettas. From the horror stories I have heard I wouldn't try them. If you do decide to try them I would test them before you go. Put one in the water for a couple of days, see if the bettas eat it (bettas can be fussy) and test the water to see what effect it has on ammonia levels etc.

I have heard very bad things about the weekend food stick things, that they mess the water badly and the fish dont consider them food. This was with goldfish though. But then, goldfish eat a hell of a lot more than bettas. From the horror stories I have heard I wouldn't try them. If you do decide to try them I would test them before you go. Put one in the water for a couple of days, see if the bettas eat it (bettas can be fussy) and test the water to see what effect it has on ammonia levels etc.
If they are the sticks then even tetra themselves know they're not great and include warnings on the packet. However they've just released a new line of holiday food in a gel format that's meant to be much better. Haven't tried them myself but they might be worth a go.

THANKS folks for the input. Yes, I too have heard about the gel weekend food being good. Has anyone tried it?

Most reactions

Back