Has Anyone Ever

methodmza_uk

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone on here has bought fish online and has it been successful?
I cant seem to find the fish I want at LFS and was thinking of finding some places to buy online, but was a bit unsure of it.

If anyone has and it has been ok, anyone reccomend any websites I can look at? I have a quick look through the pinned topic of LFS in UK, but not much there for online fish shopping.

I am in Cheshire in England.

Many thanks

Hi just wondering if anyone on here has bought fish online and has it been successful?
I cant seem to find the fish I want at LFS and was thinking of finding some places to buy online, but was a bit unsure of it.

If anyone has and it has been ok, anyone reccomend any websites I can look at? I have a quick look through the pinned topic of LFS in UK, but not much there for online fish shopping.

I am in Cheshire in England.

Many thanks

Try this thread....it's under african cichlids, but it may be of use. http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=165375
They mention trimar.co.uk as well, who have a more generic choice of fish. I haven't bought online before, but am happy to do so in the future...

Cheers

G

I have on a few occasions bought fish via mail order and havent had any problems with it, the only downside is not choosing the fish yourself.

Trimar and Tropical Imports are both good mail order suppliers.

Ummmm mixed results.. possibly partly due to my own ignorance. A golden eyed cichlid from Trimar is still with me after around 1 year 6 months..?

I just got a betta from a lady on the ukbetta forum, I know some sites for those but not other fish.

Thanks for the replies, Trimar seems to look the best place. I have sent them an email.

Found this guy on ebay too, what does everyone think??
His feedback seems good and has some decent fish

Ebay fish shop

Cheers again

Does annybody know of any sites that ship to the US? The only one I've been able to find is aquariumfish.net, which has been excellent for me up till now because they don't have the type of fish I want.

hey

the only thing i would be concerned about with the ebay guy is that some of those photos are ones i have found recently when researching fish on other peoples pages so it would suggest that its a bit of a copy paste job and not photos of his actual fish - however this maybe unfair. i guess i'm just suggesting a little caution with ebay and fish because the seller doesn't have the same reputation to maintain as an actual online shop in my opinion anyway. If you think about when you've bought stuff from ebay and you're not happy and the seller basically tells you to go away the only recourse you have is to leave them negative feedback as unless you purchase over 15 pounds of whatever it is ebay won't help you to get a refund whereas an actual shop must obey your statutory consumer rights.... do you see what i mean? however if they seller has fantastic feedback maybe its not an issue - i guess i'm just suggesting caution thats all.

I'm really wary of e-bay at the moment, totally unrelated but we are battling another company on a false claims kind of thing- advertise one thing, send another... i'd definately go with an acctual fish store.

I've never bought online myself but one thing i will say is that ebay seller has a pengasius catfish for sale, and it says suitable for the beginner and experienced fishkeeper and says nothing about its eventual size which i believe can be upto something crazy like 5 feet? What beginner is going to be able to accomodate a fish with that potential size.

you might want to also consider that the sale of live things on ebay is against their own selling rules so i'm not sure how much help you'd get from them in the event of a problem

Most reactions

Back