Has Anyone Ever Caught Anything From There Tank

i have been wearing rubber gloves since this started and it seemes to be spreading .

the water tests are fine thats the first thing i checked.

i dont know much about fish tb , would i know if my fish have it?

im going to the doctors tomorrow and i hope he will know what it is , its driving me mad :shout:

sharon

I got sick from my fish when they were in my room...but i'm pretty sure it was from the smell because it had bad algae and everything...
but i didn't get rashes, i was barfing and stuff, since i moved it out of my room i'm fine
hope everything goes well!

the older you get your skin cells change in structure and sometimes react differently to the way they use to to certain things, you can go years without anything and then all of a sudden you can get some sort of reaction to the everyday things that you use, eg
shampoo
handcreams
detergents
leather
rubber
sun
even scented toilet rolls
have a good think about what else you are coming in contact with for instance, do you treat any animals for fleas, it could be the ingredients of that, that is just an example ofcourse but a deep think into what it could be can help solve the problem, the fact that you use your right hand more than your left doesnt really mean anything, it can be quite easy that the part of the skin on your right arm is the only part of your body that is allergic to whatever is causing it.

ive suffered many years with dermititis etc..... and it used to be on the back of my legs, behind my ears, in my groins but now as ive got older it only comes on my face when i use certain soaps or if i get severly stressed, ive also got it in my scalp which can cause deep pain on some days where it get so sore.

hope you get it sorted cause i know what its like to have a skin disorder, i spent years trying to find out what caused mine and it turned out to be stress related.

i have been keeping fish on and off for the past 20 years

i have never caught anything from my fish in the past

but just recently i have developed a very bad red rash on my right arm, and it itches very bad

i went to chemist and they said it looked like an alergic reaction to something,

now its my right arm im always putting it into the tank well more then my left anyway.

can i be alergic to my fish :-( , have i caught something from the water, have you ever heard anything like it before.

i havent changed anything like wash powder or anything like that.

its driving me mad going to the doctors tomorrow, :/

sharon

I cant remember the name of it now but there is something you can catch from fish tanks and can go years without catching it and then it can strike. No one I know has had it but it can be quite nasty, will see what I can dig around. Cant believe Ive forgotten the name of it :unsure:

edit dug this out :-

Not sure if this was the one im thinking off the name doesnt ring any bells.

http://www.mvangel.com/pond/diseases.htm

Yep, It's a bacterial infection of the skin, caused by exporsure to dirty water, doesn't have to be from a fish tank though. Doctors thought I had it, till' they discovered it was a Fungal infection...

Have you used any chemicals in the tank recently?

Actually, I took a look at the site, I guess that would be one of the many fish diseases :shout:

no chemicals or anything, my husband thinks i have eczema can that come and spread so quick , i dont know.

im at the doctors this morning so i hope he can tell me what it is

sharon.

ok been to doctors.

my doctor has gone on his holidays so saw someone standing in, he said he didnt know what it was best to use the cream he gave me and come back in 10 days when my doctor is back from his holliday :unsure:

ummmm ok then so still no wiser

oh well i will use the cream and see what happens

he gave me betnovate rd cream,

sharon

ok been to doctors.

my doctor has gone on his holidays so saw someone standing in, he said he didnt know what it was best to use the cream he gave me and come back in 10 days when my doctor is back from his holliday :unsure:

sharon

sounds about right, some doctors are really hot on diagnosing problems others just treat the symptoms.

ok been to doctors.

sharon

sounds about right, some doctors are really hot on diagnosing problems others just treat the symptoms.

Yeah your right , maybe when my arm falls off he might look again,,lol

I use this for my exzema - its a steroid cream so be careful with it and follow the directions carefully. Hope the rash clers up soon cos it looks very painful and itchy :crazy:

If I've got any broken/irritated skin and it comes in contact with the water I get a super itchy rash. Once I'd scratched my arms and I had a hangnail, and where the scratch was all came up in welts. But it was itchy for a bit, but some stingoes (cream) on it and it was okay after a few hours.

Make sure you tell your doctor you have contact with fishtank water.

Hope it clears up. That doesn't look pleasant.

I've gotten a rash similar to that from certain flowers, could it be a new plant in the house or in the tank?

I would start cleaning the tank with some gloves, possibly latex, non antibacterial house cleaning gloves may work, although i'm not sure what the latex may do over extended periods of time (repeated use).

I would very strongly suggest going to a dermatologist...

Most common practitioners simply don't know enough about skin problems, and if it is Fish TB they certainly wouldn't have seen it enough to diagnose it properly.

You can catch fish tuberculosis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It can cause skin rahses and skin necrosis. It doesn't affect you like regular tuberculosis. Once it gets in your blood stream, you will begin to have rashes starting from infected sites and around it. I would see a doctor!!!

If this is Fish TB, it can eventually attack your heart and kill you. I don't want to scare you, just a warning.

That's why I really recommended going to a dermatologist. I've seen pictures of fish TB on humans and the patterning does look kinda similar to the picture that you posted (although the pictures I normally have big nasty lesions, but I'm assuming they are severe cases!) It may not be fish TB at all (I'm not a doctor), but why risk it?

Most reactions

Back