Has Any One Any Ghost/glass Shrimps For Sale

apj

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi does any one have any ghost or glass shrimps for sale,and would they be able to post,thanks Anne

Wrong section. I think you're looking for 'Buy sell and swap', which is in the last forum group or so.

Adding to that, it is very difficult to breed ghost shrimp, even the species that reproduce in freshwater as they usually have a full larval stage(at least the common species sold as ghost shrimp), so most people who keep them don't have any they need to get rid of.

You'd be better off going to a fish store and picking some up. Most stores carry them, and they're usually very cheap. Just don't get any with milky looking spots in them, these don't do as well for some reason.

I have one, its huge though (--------------------------------) about that big

I would be willing to post yes.

Hi thanks but was looking for more than 1 and i did't think they grew that big,Are you sure yours is not a amano shrimp,thanks Anne

I have one, its huge though (--------------------------------) about that big

I would be willing to post yes.

Sounds like Macrobrachium Lanchesteri which is sometimes labled as glass shrimp in germany, rather than what we usually call glass/ghost shrimp.

Pretty sure that I did read that there is a member on here that breeds ghost shrimp however. Found it here, I think that fishyfeet breeds them.

Ade

this is the same as mine, i aint clued up on these, i bought 3 ages ago and only have 1 remaining, the other 2 died ages ago but this one is doing really well

I just looked at it asits in the garage tank and its actually (-----------------------------------) big

this is one like mine..

ghost-shrimp.jpg

this is the same as mine, i aint clued up on these, i bought 3 ages ago and only have 1 remaining, the other 2 died ages ago but this one is doing really well

I just looked at it asits in the garage tank and its actually (-----------------------------------) big

this is one like mine..

ghost-shrimp.jpg

hi thanks but if he is doing really well.would be a shame to move him.thanks Any way.Anne

this is one like mine..

ghost-shrimp.jpg

hi thanks but if he is doing really well.would be a shame to move him.thanks Any way.Anne

Your probably right :)

But i hope you get some, they are great to watch :)

There is someone on Crustaforum.com selling some in the UK.

Where are you in the UK? Have you actually tried the LFS's near you....they must carry them! Around me they go for 10 @ £1!
I get 30 of them a week for my seahorse's, they get eaten within 24 hours!

If you havent been to your LFS's, ask them for river shrimp...most places in the UK IMO call them that

Most reactions

Back