Hard water fish

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Petco, Petsmart, local pet stores will take em. Facebook marketplace is a good place to sell them as well.
Are they American shops as I haven’t heard of them. I’m from the U.K. also I’ve always kept all male guppies and never had an issue with them.
But I’ll keep this in mind, thank you

Are they American shops as I haven’t heard of them. I’m from the U.K. also I’ve always kept all male guppies and never had an issue with them.
Oh boy I didn't even realize you from the UK I apologize. Let me do some research for you- but I meant all male groups of platys. Male platys are relatively aggressive. I know for a fact male mollies can fight to the death and platys are very similar to mollies.

There is a Petco in Darlington, UK but it also seems there are plenty pet stores that would probably take your fry if you decided to go that route.

There is a Petco in Darlington, UK but it also seems there are plenty pet stores that would probably take your fry if you decided to go that route.
Ah okay thank you. I’ll stay away from the all male platy plan then.
Thank you for the help

Ah okay thank you. I’ll stay away from the all male platy plan then.
Thank you for the help
It is just the safer option! I'm glad I could help you!

If you have further questions- reply here and I will be happy to help! Have fun- I love having livebearers.

What about just a trio of male platies, I’ve seen mixed reviews in this. Really just don’t want the hassle of fry and I don’t know anywhere that would take them
It's the males that are territorial so get females instead but they may come with a payload...sorry. But it's really not a hassle...I bred, grew out and sold over 300 Red and Pineapple Swordtails last year. :)
20201020_163840 (1) - w.jpg

There is a Petco in Darlington, UK
I don't think that's the same as the US petco, just a local pet shop that happens to have chosen the same name. Their image gallery doesn not show any fish related products - or fish.

I don't think that's the same as the US petco, just a local pet shop that happens to have chosen the same name. Their image gallery doesn not show any fish related products - or fish.
Oh okay thank you

i dont think those chain stores take them... any local store would take them for free or for credit

Most reactions

Back