Hard Choice To Make

deanrar

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
as it says i'm having a hard time choosing between a group of 6-8 congos or 2-3 angelfish for my 34 gal tall tank with 6 cories a kuhli and 2 yellow panchax

I'd add a few more kuhlis first off, as they really like company.
Then I'd go with the congos, myself. They get rather large (about 3" long and they are thick-bodied) and really are active nice colored fish once they are settled in.
With angelfish you may end up with a pair, and from what I've read they can be really nasty when they breed. If you don't end up with a pair they may squabble quite a bit. You may could do a single one with a group of 6 congos though.

cheers for your info i'v had congs before and they were lovely looking fish but i had to get rid of them as i was overstocked with mollies at the time but now i have given nearly all of those away its time for a change

Yep... not a hard decision really Congos

i would have congos ... as angels do get aggresive and with luck have it i ended up with male and female .. poor danios were totrure for 24 hours b4 i moved them into the bigger tank unless u have a spare place to move angels if it comes to that then u are better off getting congos i love angels too i didnt think mine would have bred seeing how they were half of the size but i guess they breed anytime when they are ready

I have both in my tank and I like them all. The 2 angels and the congos are young so for now everything is great. My congos don't even have a lot of color yet except for the greenish eyes. :sad: But if I had to choose, I would also choose congos. They are very active.

Most reactions

Back