Happy New Year

George Farmer

ad aqua
Reaction score
I would like to take this opportunity to say a "Happy New Year" to everyone.

I feel that the past year has been a particularly strong one for the Planted forum, with so many experienced regulars now it makes my job very simple and a pleasure. It is also worth noting that I have not once had to do any "real" moderating on the planted forum, even with the large amount off traffic we now see. Obviously planted tank owners are a well-behaved bunch, thankfully!

One of my biggest observations is the standard of tanks - they have improved a great deal with the ever increasing use of better equipment like pressurized CO2, dry ferts, decent lighting, substrates etc. etc. When I joined this forum back in 2003, pressurized CO2 and EI were virtually unheard of, let alone being commonly utilized.

In the new year I plan to write another article or two on substrates and aquascaping (time permitted).

So a big thank you everyone for contributing, from the regulars to the newbies, you have all helped this forum grow from strength to strength - have a great New Year and keep it balanced! ;)

Thank you to you George ! For all you continued inspiration and endless support & encouragement :thumbs:

I must say I don't know what my tank would look like these days if I hadn't stumbled across this forum. I was rather content with my tank of plastic plants. I had to do very little to it... basically no maintenance by comparison.

I must say, though, that I can't imagine ever going back to that kind of a tank. Non-planted tanks maybe if I ever have a chichlid tank, but plastic plants, never.

Every one on this forum has been so helpful and understanding since the get go, that I can't fathom a better place to find such accurate information. With all your help George, and everyone here, I know so much... and have people from here seeking me out to ask questions. My parents are astounded at the leaps and bounds of information I have picked up. I would in way call me a plant expert... but I'm sure with all the support from my fellow enthousiasts here, I will pick up so much more.

So thank you to everyone here... experts and those just starting out for having the patience to want to learn everything, and wanting to share your own knowldge.

Have a safe and happy new year everyone, and I can't wait to see where all our our tanks take us in the coming months.

It is not my new year untill March 21st (on your calendar)
but have a great time celebrating to all those that do

Thankyou George on your very insightful threads and posts and i too would like to wish everyone here a very happy new year.

As an oldie coming back to fishkeeping after a long spell i have found this forum to be nothing short of brilliant in terms of both content and personel.

Happy new year everybody.

Happy New Year To You All​

A big thanks to all that have helped me and I hope in the new year I will not need so much help (LOL).

"Happy New Year" to you and your family George,
I look forward to burdening you again in 2006.
Regards
BigC

HAPPY NEW YEAR
All the best to you and your family's ,may your tanks be picturesque and algae free.
ROY

thanks to you from me also George since youve also helped me very very much in my times of need.and also thanks to everyone here for the help all have so greatfully given.happy new year everyone....

Happy new year everyone B) hope to share more tank adventures next year with everybody

Most reactions

Back