Halide Question

Yes, you could replace the bulb that comes with the light fitting with another 150W bulb from petpirates.

Well thats upo to the individual. Many pendant systems have "moonlights" or actinics included. Having two MH's going off is quite a shock to inverts/fish, so you might wanna rig up some moonlights or actinics. They have to warm up when they first come on, so there is no real initial shock.

The pendants are also useful when you dont want a hood. When you buy some of those shop fitters, you can whack em in a hood easy enough. Some people prefer to have a nice finished look, hence the pendents.

The pendents also house all the start up gear. You will have to find a place for your ballast when you buy it (IE back of hood or cabinet).

Yeah, thats just the fixture, you still need the ballast (which happens to be the most expensive part) and of course a bulb. However buying that, a bulb, and a ballast is still cheaper than buying an arcadia fixture

i have a six foot tank with three 150w halide shop fittings in the hood these work well. they come with the ballasts etc all they required was the bulb to be changed. I have fitted them with 10,000k bulbs these can be purchased form the web for around £30. I run these on individual timers and stagger the on and off times to lower the light levels slowly the halides are backed up with 1 x t5 tube and 3 actinics all on seperate timers

Most reactions

Back