Halide Fixture.

proton

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi Guys, in my tank's cover there is space to put in halide lights, I only have length of 2f and width of 5" So I was considering these lights , but what are your queries on those lights, they are halogen lights, I assume they are different to halide lights? has anyone found a small fixture that can fit into a 2f x 5" x 5" space? I was considering two halide fixtures to fit into that space, but they are all huge... :( and I have just been to B&Q and no halide's there at all, I even asked a guy and he said "What is Halide lights?" I just looked at him :blink: and said never mind and walked out...

Well just found this one on ebay, seems perfect but too many wires though.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi Guys, in my tank's cover there is space to put in halide lights, I only have length of 2f and width of 5" So I was considering these lights , but what are your queries on those lights, they are halogen lights, I assume they are different to halide lights? has anyone found a small fixture that can fit into a 2f x 5" x 5" space? I was considering two halide fixtures to fit into that space, but they are all huge... :( and I have just been to B&Q and no halide's there at all, I even asked a guy and he said "What is Halide lights?" I just looked at him :blink: and said never mind and walked out...

Well just found this one on ebay, seems perfect but too many wires though.

have a look here mate http://www.qvsdirect.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Halogen lamps are very very different from metal halide lamps in their function. The only similarity is their shape. Halogens do not require ballasts, run on plain old house A/C voltage, and output light in the 2000k range. WAY too yellow. Great for outdoor lighting and construction projects, but horrible for saltwater reef tanks. You'd be better off going with a 150watt halide option. Gonna have a lot of light spill on a 5" wide tank though :crazy:

I think what he meant was he has 2ftx5" free space in his hood. Would you be able to just replace the hood with a MH/T5 luminaire?

I actually don't want to cause of my cats, they are bengal cats and enjoy a splash every now and then and very very naughty, so i need to keep the tank closed unfortunately. They are only 2 months old and very curious, so I have to wait a while till they get bored of the tank i hope. As the tank space size available I did mean that the space is 2ft long by 5"/6" wide.

THANKS... I was hunting around for something like that. And they have cheapest cured rock so far.

Most reactions

Back