Halfsun Betta

Rosetails have that excessive amount of membrane(not sure if that's the right word for it?) between each ray or whatever. So it gives it that rose look.
I love rosetails.. I hope I can own one one day... so beautiful!
I have always been told that rosetails are when they have more ray branching than halfmoons. halfmoons have 8 branches, rosetails have more than that, which means too much tail for it to spread flat, even in full flare which produces the pleating effect.

this is a close up of my rosetail's tail
dazzletail.jpg

in this picture i have highlighted the rays so you can see the excessive branching
dazzletaildrawnon.jpg

P.S he was still a juvi in these pics

That wouldn't be the one similar to the one we talked about today would it :hey:

That wouldn't be the one similar to the one we talked about today would it :hey:
it is indeed, your new boy looks like a superdelta at present, but he's still very much a juvi and my dazzle was sold as a superdelta too, so who knows where he will end up. when you get him see if you can get some close ups of his tail to count the rays. you should try it with taro too, maybe he is a rosetail?

Will definately give it a go and see. I'll check the pics I've already got of Tara and zoom in if I can. I'm so excited....can't wait to see him :D

Will definately give it a go and see. I'll check the pics I've already got of Tara and zoom in if I can. I'm so excited....can't wait to see him :D

Hey, I know you have close ups of the new ones fins, so where are they??

Most reactions

Back