Gutted

seen them on aquarist classifieds. was interested but was put off as i think chiltons is overated. out of curiousity how big were they?

seen them on aquarist classifieds. was interested but was put off as i think chiltons is overated. out of curiousity how big were they?

Where do you go for yours?

Ive always had healthy fish from there so im happy so far..

i never asked the size as they had already been purchased and taken.

their decent enough, not much around our area is there?

you got chilton the one at portrack lane and seymore in thornaby thats all i can think of thats decent

£6 for Electric Blues and £4 for German blues in a shop I sometimes go to.

their decent enough, not much around our area is there?

you got chilton the one at portrack lane and seymore in thornaby thats all i can think of thats decent

Maidenhead at stokesley is quite good aswell

to be honest i dont rate non of our local stores. seymours is not too good imo- overpriced and what i seen of their stock werent too healthy. i get the impression they werent very knowledgeable (might be in marines but thats not my thing). petmania started off promising but every time i go in now i see poor health, although ive found the staff spot on and friendly.

chiltons though thats different. i ordered 3 geophagus from them, went and collected and was dissapointed. as it was regarded the best shop in the north i was building it up and really looking forward to going. when i got there i thought my local PETER BARRETS had a better selection. then when i got my geos home and they settled i noticed only one was the fish i ordered (although geos are hard to id when young). two had internal parasite problems that became fatal. the one thats left now is fine though.

apparently paddocks farm in darlo is now the front runner in our region. i havent been personally but the people who come to my house to buy fish are always singing its praises.

paddock farm is very good aswell.. the staff are very helpful and all the fish look really healthy, Ive never bought any from there but might try them next time im looking for some.

There is also Fish Alive near Durham, but the few times i have been in there ive noticed a few dead fish in the tanks..

fish alive in durham is good never had a problem there and always has good stock, i've been a little disappointed with chilton aquatics as they seem to have a massive stock list but not that much actually in stock.
there is a fairly new shop in stanley S&C aquatics ,they have good stocks with and the tanks are immaculate :)

S&C aquatics have a stock list on aquarist classified which they update daily which is helpful :)

Most reactions

Back