Guppy Shredded Tail :(

Yes that will be fine it's a tonic salt if you have it, if not household salt, one tablespoon to every 5 gals, but add it gradually some today and add the rest tomorrow, or in 4 hours.
Can you increase aeration as well.
If you have the interpet salt follow there instructions of how much to add to the tank.

Yes that will be fine it's a tonic salt if you have it, if not household salt, one tablespoon to every 5 gals, but add it gradually some today and add the rest tomorrow, or in 4 hours.
Can you increase aeration as well.
If you have the interpet salt follow there instructions of how much to add to the tank.

thanks wilder , you have been an amazing help and thanks to rob w :)

just filling the tank back up now ,after a 60% water change and adding a little bit of salt , only a .1% mix .

captain peacock is gone but will never be forgotten , as soon as he touched the water , he was gone .

we just had a look at him and he has no tail left and is a real bad state ,he looks peacefull now and no longer in pain .

will be keeping an extra carefull eye on all the fish , and will be going to see the lfs tomorrow :(

R.I.P Captain Peacock

hope all the rest are doing ok?

seems as though it WAS something specifically to that fish - least you tried and you care!

Sorry been there so i do understand it's not nice, but bless him he's at peace now, good luck with the other fish, and mr peacock R.I.P.

the other fish seem fine but we will be keeping an eye on them all , at the moment they are playing in the filter current at the top of the tank :)

r.i.p captain peacock you were only here a short while but you will always be loved.

Most reactions

Back