Guppy Recovering From Fin Rot

luxbear

Reaction score
Hello!

I recently made a post in the Emergency thread about my Tuxedo Guppy who is recovering from fin rot. The good news is that he is about 100%, but I have a quick question for some of you fellow guppy enthusiasts out there.

The fish is currently still in his heated emergency tank, receiving 50% water changes daily. He's happy and seemingly healthy, he eats everyday when fed, etc. His tail is fully there, but not all of the color has completely returned to it. I know that it might take time, but how much longer should I wait before I add him back to the main tank? He has been in the emergency tank for approximately three weeks. Any tips you guys can give me would be great!

Thanks!

Main tank info: Freshwater, 15 gallons
Fish: Honey Gourami, White Skirt Tetra, 2 Zebra Tetras, Rosy Barb

The Colour wont come back quickly, if at all! Give it another week and keep monitoring, then move back to Main Tank :)

The Colour wont come back quickly, if at all! Give it another week and keep monitoring, then move back to Main Tank :)

Thanks for the response! Yeah I figured that even though the tail is there, I should probably wait until it looks filled in before re-adding him, just to be safe. But it's always nice to get a second opinion!

Most reactions

Back