The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PrincessKiara

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I bought four guppies from my LFS last Wednesday, but they all died from what appeared to be cottonmouth. However, on the way home, they seemed healthy enough, and the smaller female popped 11 fry (which I separated). The adults are all dead, as I said; but the fry seem healthy and totally OK. I feel guilty though as I was not expecting them and have nowhere to put them but a tiny jar.
Now that the adults are all dead, I want to put the fry in the larger quarantine tank. But I don't want to kill them! How do I disinfect the tank, the Elodea plants, and the tiny ramshorn snail, so nothing hurts them?
The tank isn't filtered, heated or aerated (so I don't have to worry about cleaning that too), but my home is at a decent temperature, and I surround the tank with many layers of newpaper at night. They eat tons and swim around like crazy.
Also, I'd like to know what human foods I can spoil them with, besides zucchini and nori? LOL cause I don't have any fish foods beside flake now and can't get any till my parents let me go to the LFS, and I do love spoiling my pets rotten
wink.png
And I love them!

Thanks in advance for your help!
~PK.

Hi there, sorry to hear about your guppies dieing. Did you say that the aquarium you had the adult guppies in had no heater and pump?? 

PrincessKiara said:
I bought four guppies from my LFS last Wednesday, but they all died from what appeared to be cottonmouth. However, on the way home, they seemed healthy enough, and the smaller female popped 11 fry (which I separated). The adults are all dead, as I said; but the fry seem healthy and totally OK. I feel guilty though as I was not expecting them and have nowhere to put them but a tiny jar.
Now that the adults are all dead, I want to put the fry in the larger quarantine tank. But I don't want to kill them! How do I disinfect the tank, the Elodea plants, and the tiny ramshorn snail, so nothing hurts them?
The tank isn't filtered, heated or aerated (so I don't have to worry about cleaning that too), but my home is at a decent temperature, and I surround the tank with many layers of newpaper at night. They eat tons and swim around like crazy.
Also, I'd like to know what human foods I can spoil them with, besides zucchini and nori? LOL cause I don't have any fish foods beside flake now and can't get any till my parents let me go to the LFS, and I do love spoiling my pets rotten
wink.png
And I love them!

Thanks in advance for your help!
~PK.
in order for them to survive they need a heated filtered and cycled tank, fry need live foods and small pellets to feed on.

Most reactions

Back