Guppy Question And Pictures Of Platy And Molly Fry

Lindsey88

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
How much longer do you think she has? Sorry they aren't good she is very quick and hard to take pictures of..
DSCF4112.jpg

DSCF4122.jpg

Just wanted to share my fry - 4 platies and 4 balloon mollies.
The platies (orange) were born on the 11th so they are 2 weeks old and the mollies were born on the 22nd so they are 2 days old. They have hornwort and wysteria in their breeding trap and love it.
DSCF4104.jpg

DSCF4105.jpg

DSCF3989.jpg

DSCF4007.jpg

Nice one on the fry :)

The guppy is only about 1 week at most pregnant, should be due in 3 weeks ish.

This is how she will look then, this is when you should put her in a trap

preg-1.jpg

Nice one on the fry :)

The guppy is only about 1 week at most pregnant, should be due in 3 weeks ish.

This is how she will look then, this is when you should put her in a trap

preg-1.jpg
agreed :good: , not too prgnant,

congrats on the fry!!

Thanks for the comments.
A somewhat better pic
DSCF4202.jpg

And some more of my fry
DSCF4140.jpg

DSCF4150.jpg

DSCF4151.jpg

DSCF4184.jpg

She might not even be a week. Or she could be a little over a week, all fish are different. Cool looking fry! Is it just me or is that breeder box HUGE? What brand and model is that breeder box?

I have one too. Your slook's huge though! If it is really that small, dont leave them in for more than 2 more week's or you will have stunted fish.

Mine isn't the one in the picture of that link it is the 3 way one designed to seperate 2 fish. I removed the bottom grate and divider and the babies have alot of room. 8.25" long x 3.5" wide x 3.75" high

Also this weekend i'm going to get a 10 gallon for these babies to grow up in.

How did you get such great shots of your fry?! All mine come out blurry! Only on my fry does it do that.

Well it took about several shots before I got an almost decent one. I put my camera on macromode (the little flower) and used my flash. It's also good to take pics at an angle. Just wondering does anyone know what color these little balloon mollies will turn out to be? Their mom was dalmation colored do you think thats what they will be?

51_DSCF1951_1.jpg

The balloon molly mom. She was pregnant from the petstore so I don't know what the dad looks like.
One more question...When do baby balloon mollies look like balloon mollies?

Mine have took 2-3 months sometimes before you can start to tell

Mine have took 2-3 months sometimes before you can start to tell

Cracking photos. Just a little tip. If you are using a flash then put a piece of paper infront of the flash to stop the glare on the screen.

If I put anything in front of the flash there is a big red glare. I can take good pictures of my other slow moving fish the guppies are just super fast so it's hard.

Most reactions

Back